amps you regret selling? my madison divinity!

lumpy555

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Madison Divinity and it's an awesome amp, never had any problems with it either (its one of the first run models I think too). I liked it over my Mesa 50 Caliber and TSL100 which I don't really regret getting rid of. The Madison was cheap and it sounds great, plus the red lettering is awesome :love:.

• Members
I had a series one divinity. I don't miss it one bit, by far the noisiest amp I have ever owned...

And yeah there was nothing wrong with it.
:lol:

Mines not any more noisy than my TSL was, I guess I just have one that isn't {censored}ty. Maybe I'll see if FJA does Madison mods though ;).

• Members
yes i was a closet madison divinity amp user/owner. it was theyre first run of em. EVERYBODY was slammin those guys,etc. tbh, i used that amps clean channel ALOT! and also the clean side with a boost-dirt pedal could get as brutal as my 5150... that amp taught me a lesson, listen with ones ears, try not to get too into these forums,other peeps opions of said maps, ah, i think i too was caught up on the lets smash madison amps cuz?????. i take a different approach now when the NEW GUY on da block comes round hawking his NEXT BIG AMP,PUPS,GUITFIDDLE,ETC,ETC... try REALLY HARD to look at the whole big picture, and go on yer gut feelings... like meeting a new girl,ALLL my dudes say,shes a hoe,no good doper,blah fuggin blah.. in the end spending REALLY TIME wit her, tweaking our feelings for each other,what everybody else said was a bunch o crap...... having G.A.S. fer da gear-same way... i am on the hunt though for the older-first run duct tape model MADISON DIVINITY. if you do happen to see her,tell her i still love her:love:,and miss her.
:love::love:

This is a tad too coherent, don't you think?

• Members

The Madison deal WAS overblown. I'm not going to say JerryP was a liar, but I am pretty positive that duct tape and all that was NOT stock nor common to the amp.

My Divinity was quiet, reliable, and sounded good. I used it solid for a year with no issues. I did end up selling it to fund my studio gear, but I regret it. I picked up a XXX that I think I like better, but the Divinity paired up with my 6505 more favorably.

My Divinity was the second run after the initial run...The ones right before the name was changed to Divinity II.

Gut shots...Not a boutique amp by any means, but easily clean enough:
divinity2.jpg
divinity3.jpg

• Members

The Madison deal WAS overblown. I'm not going to say JerryP was a liar, but I am pretty positive that duct tape and all that was NOT stock nor common to the amp.

they were still shipping them with disconnected contour knobs and the whole usa thing didnt help.

Archived