The amp that cured my GAS, which amp cured yours?

tetaJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AC30H2. Fell in love when I heard the 15 watt version when we did that ampfest in Toronto in 2008, and sold my Recto half stack and bought one within a few months afterwards. Haven't considered anything since, looks and sounds perfect to me.

• Members
Mine was the Redplate Magic Dust Duo.

The thing can do all i need an amp to do.

Great cleans (Ultra versatile too) awesome OD and Distortion channels.

It was either this thing or the Suhr CAA Pt 100.

So far the MDD won when i played both, but the CAA is no slouch, it is a great amp, only that the clean channel lacked in comparison with the MDD.

The only thing both amps are equally good on is the Reverb
:cop:
since the don't have one.

If you are in the market for a great versatile amp with lot's of great tonal options, check the Redplate MDD.

There was no single amp for me...having a bunch of them basically cured it for me. :)

• Members
^good first amp!

:D

I laugh at my reasoning for buying it, though. I was gigging on the Crate, and people complained that they couldn't really hear me that well during solos. So, I saw that the JVM could go from loud to louder with the two master volumes, and I heard tubes are what I need .... so, I bought it :cop: (It also sounded good, but that's beside the point..)

• Members

The ole mainstay Marshall has not been replaced, but I have bought and sold a bunch of others ovr the years including modelers. I keep coming back to my Marshall. I bought this amp more than 25 years ago and didn't start buying new ones until mid-late 90's. Nothing has beat my JCM! No GAS here!

• Members

My Bogner is certainly not going anywhere. (seems to be a pattern forming ITT) :lol:

The Shiva is king/queen of overdrive.

And I like overdrive.

So that was basically that.

My Diezel covers masses of ground too.

Between the Shiva and the Einstein it's pretty hard to not get any tone I am after. Especially when I throw in a couple of pedals too.

These two are my gas cure.

If I had to part with one, I genuinely don't know which I could let go.

I love them both equally.

My semi-gas lies in making a smaller setup for rehearsal and smaller gigs because I am getting lazy.

After that I'd look at a boutique setup probably. Maybe a brootz amp even.

Again, these are just for the sake of it really.

I enjoy buying gear. My main amps now will stay with me until they are irreparable basically.

• Members
My Bogner is certainly not going anywhere. (seems to be a pattern forming ITT)
:lol:

The Shiva is king/queen of overdrive.

And I like overdrive.

So that was basically that.

My Diezel covers masses of ground too.

Between the Shiva and the Einstein it's pretty hard to not get any tone I am after. Especially when I throw in a couple of pedals too.

These two are my gas cure.

If I had to part with one, I genuinely don't know which I could let go.

I love them both equally.

My semi-gas lies in making a smaller setup for rehearsal and smaller gigs because I am getting lazy.

After that I'd look at a boutique setup probably. Maybe a brootz amp even.

Again, these are just for the sake of it really.

I enjoy buying gear. My main amps now will stay with me until they are irreparable basically.

i used to own this:

Picture1-25.jpg

believe me the RP slays it in the od department

• Members

I don't really have amp gas.

I'd rather just play an amp and have fun playing. I have enough that I can get nearly every tone I want.

The last thing I needed was a portable, lightweight, low wattage amp. Tweaker solved that and then some. I tried to fill that role with a bunch of other crap, but most of it sucked. Now I'm done.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Tetaj: Your box is full....

Hello: From reading your post, you and I had the same problem...Magic Dust or CAA PT100...Well, I finally bit the bullet tonight and bought a "like new" Magic Dust off Ebay.

Are you still happy with your decision over the CAA PT?

I gig all sorts of classic rock from Zep...ZZ....Skynyrd..Allman Bro's....Beatles.....CCR....Bad Company...all over the board. Will this amp blow up my skirt?

Thanks

• Members

peters gryphon. It is weird to me, i will hear some random amp and think "that sounds really great...maybe i should give that amp a try" then i plug into the peters, dial it a little bit and it get the tone that i was after,and it only makes it sound better (a great tone, with that awesome peters growl) most of the time. I would still love a diezel, and i enjoy some other types of music where i use an ac-15, but the peters can even cop decent vox tones. Its a great amp, easily my favorite amp i have owned, and possibly the best i have played at this point!

• Members

My Mark IV does everything I want it to and more. I wanted one of these amps after hearing a few clips and reading up on a few other users reviews of it. After I was interested, I started listenin to artists/bands that used the Mark IV, and was sold. I finally got one about a year later (there were no long heads available). Between my Mark IVs and my early Dual Rectos, I am set. I don't think there's a tone I couldn't cop from using either of these heads.

As far as cabs go, that's where i'm undecided. I used to prefer V30s, but nowadays, I like the "tone" I get with C90s.

As for my guitar, Gibson Les Paul Customs (it's an expensive preference). From the way they play, to the way they sound, to the way they look, I need nothing else except more of them.

I started playing Rectos after hearing some of my favorite bands using them, only to find out that the recorded tones they got were with a Mark series amp.

• Members

Was never really a big amp gas type of guy. I am far more into the guitars themselves. As long as I have had something that made noise, I was pretty happy, but having said that, I did want my Fender Twin Reverb 65 RI for a long time and am really happy with it...

Archived