WOT: Roids

Slim Jim

• Members

in all honesty, juice will help you reach unachievable results.

that is true but 95% lifters never tap into their potential for natural rapid increase in strength and size because they're so worried about shocking their body and doing whatever else men's fitness tells them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While KP is correct in saying they can get you otherwise unachievable results, I personally don't see the allure in the otherwise unachievable. To me it isn't really a matter of honesty or sportsmanship, it's a thing of preference and commitment.

See, steroids are no more harmful for you than a lot of the over the counter drugs we ingest every day. It's just injected, and you need to go for weekly blood tests just to make sure your soft tissue organs, (liver, kidneys, spleen etc,) aren't rupturing and bleeding out.

Aside from that and being responsible with your substance use and staying committed in yoru diet and regimen, you're on lock to be massive, healthy and cycle with lesser side affects and greater growth :thu:

Me personally? No dice! I like squats, I like being natural in this, and i know I would probably explode using steroids, but it's just not something I care to partake of. Perhaps in my 30's I'll give it a spin with a supportive wife or some such thing, but until then, no thanks. Meat, hooteh and heavy lifts with good form are all I need to get bigger :)

-Curtis

• Members

Yes, hell yes.

In moderation. Used correctly steroids are the ultimate work out supplement and extremely healthy. The problem is all you ever hear about are people who abuse them.

Yeah I'm going to listen to a guy with Four Loko in his avatar for advice on how healthy steroids are.

Seriously, WHAT is the point? If it's for sport, you're cheating. Even if you get amazing results, when people act all bitchy and say "I bet he's using roids", they're right!

What is wrong with GRADUALLY INCREASING your caloric intake and building muscle the hard way over a few years? Really, I don't get it.

• Members

I watched "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" and that's why.

Although I probably would for a few month period so I could get in shape and then try and keep myself in better shape.

See, this is a path I might head down sometime in the future, heck for maintenance and growth, it can be helpful, healthy and even long term beneficial...I'm just wary when I'm this young still you know??

-Curtis

• Members

All I can tell you is you better be a pretty {censored}ing good/established weightlifter already and not some little bitch who has been working out for less than 2-3 years. Age, background, lifts, ect?

Every little 19-20 year old chump at my gym takes them and buffs up from 170 to 185-190 and thinks they're the {censored} with their massive 275lb bench presses coming down to 6 inches above their chest. Oh and 1/4 squats!
:mad::rolleyes::mad:

Btw, when you are done with your cycle, you will shrink back down.

+1

Unless you are an elite bodybuilder prepping for a contest there is really no point.

They aren't a "magic pill".

• Members

+1

Unless you are an elite bodybuilder prepping for a contest there is really no point.

They aren't a "magic pill".

+1000000

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, you STILL have to lift heavy and with proper form 5 days a week, AND eat like a horse. So if you're not ALREADY built like Brock Lesnar, YOU DO NOT NEED THEM

It's people looking for an easy way to suddenly explode. :facepalm:

• Members

i take an over the counter hgh enhancer, it is supposed to increase growth harmone production in my pituitary gland. I dont think i would take anything more intense than this because i would feel like im cheating and i dont think i could sleep at night if i felt that way.

• Members

I've considered them but reading all the side effects and things that could possibly go wrong has steered me away.

hair loss, man titties, acne, complicated cycling of other expensive drugs in order to keep your body's equilibrium normal... too much trouble.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm not going to be some huge beast and would much rather be more cut vs bigger as it sits right now. If I could cut my bodyfat % down and eventually end up with about 5~10 lbs more muscle, I'd be perfectly happy.

Hell, look at bruce lee. Dude looked amazing and really wasn't big at all.

• Members

I've considered them but reading all the side effects and things that could possibly go wrong has steered me away.

hair loss, man titties, acne, complicated cycling of other expensive drugs in order to keep your body's equilibrium normal... too much trouble.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm not going to be some huge beast and would much rather be more cut vs bigger as it sits right now. If I could cut my bodyfat % down and eventually end up with about 5~10 lbs more muscle, I'd be perfectly happy.

this.

just be in really good shape and be in it for the long haul. life's a marathon.

• Members

See, this is a path I might head down sometime in the future, heck for maintenance and growth, it can be helpful, healthy and even long term beneficial...I'm just wary when I'm this young still you know??

-Curtis

Yeah I hear ya. My problem and biggest hold up is I'm extremely sensitive to mood-altering drugs/meds, so taking any of this stuff would be like WW3 on a daily basis for those around me. :lol:

• Members

+1000000

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, you STILL have to lift heavy and with proper form 5 days a week, AND eat like a horse. So if you're not ALREADY built like Brock Lesnar, YOU DO NOT NEED THEM

It's people looking for an easy way to suddenly explode.
:facepalm:

you ignored my response, and the others that followed it that touch on maintenance for your body. once you hit a certain age, your body has trouble healing and simply eating and lifting with proper technique will not work...

In fact, I was perscribed prednazone (Sp?) after a bad car crash to help with the healing of my back. I was in tremendous pain, even when sitting perfectly still. the steroids made me almost instantly feel free better and "stronger" (not like lifting a tractor stronger, but I could move with ease again). Sadly I started having really bad allergic reactions to it within a week and had to stop using them lol. Had to go to the ER for signs of cardiac arrest :facepalm:

They can be a great tool, and just like four loko, its the people who abuse them that ruin its image.

• Members

5 to 10 lbs of muscle is only a year or two of dedicated lifting and keeping a strict diet, you can easily achieve that.

Bruce Lee was awesome, he was VERY dedicated and strict about what he ate and how he trained. Excellent guy to look up to as far as making your lifestyle healthier.

• Members

Block2042977!_!BL-Arm-Bar.jpg

• Members

you ignored my response, and the others that followed it that touch on maintenance for your body. once you hit a certain age, your body has trouble healing and simply eating and lifting with proper technique will not work...

In fact, I was perscribed prednazone (Sp?) after a bad car crash to help with the healing of my back. I was in tremendous pain, even when sitting perfectly still. the steroids made me almost instantly feel free better and "stronger" (not like lifting a tractor stronger, but I could move with ease again). Sadly I started having really bad allergic reactions to it within a week and had to stop using them lol. Had to go to the ER for signs of cardiac arrest
:facepalm:

They can be a great tool, and just like four loko, its the people who abuse them that ruin its image.

Oh I definitely think that in cases with accidents they should be used, hell it's medicinal and a doctor prescribing them is going to know a whole lot more about them than I do. They definitely help with healing injuries like yours and such, and I know that a lot of pro-wrestlers need them following neck or knee surgeries and make the most out of the situation, but if we're talking "I want to look bigger for the sake of being bigger" I just think people have this idea that it's some magic formula that makes you look like Arnie over night.

As for maintenance... if we're talking about rehabbing an injury, sure, but if it's for athletic or superficial reasons, I certainly wouldn't want to be talking drugs for a long period of time.

• Members

what about as a supplement, like creatine or nos etc? They can be used to achieve significant gains, as well as help people finally pass a plateau? If it is used responsibly, then why not?

The only time I would every care, is in my grappling comps. I am an active competing grappler, and plan to be for as long as I can, but if I am fighting people that are all juiced up out of their mind, I would be pissed. Its actually a problem in Brazil, because they dont test for steroids in their grappling comps (they dont here either, but its much bigger there), and a lot of purists despise it.

if its for vanity, {censored}, whatever, doesnt bother me one bit. What competition are they to me in that case? a vast majority of girls hate that look, so they are only sabotaging themselves. lifting weights? Im not a competitive weight lifter, so go for it. I lift to stay in the shap and condition I want to be in, and to supplement my training.

• Members

But for maintenance, couldn't you just eat at your calorie maintenance, separate your meals and keep your protein up? When you lift, you're muscles won't know what the numbers are on your bench or squats, they'll just know how hard they're being pushed. They'll feel the pump as long as they're being worked.

I tried creatine for half a cycle once, I stopped because it started to make me feel nauseous and clammy. These days I try to get 25 grams of protein with each meal through food, but when I'm struggling I'll use a protein shake. I wouldn't have thought Roids would be a problem in BJJ, look at a guy like Penn, he doesn't afraid of anything and he's a small guy

• Members

Just make sure you research how to do a cycle safely and you should have no problems. Water based orals are cleared much faster by the liver than oil based injectables.

Also get the companion supplement that keeps your balls producing normal testoterone levels while doing it so when you cycle off you are still producing normal levels. :p

For older guys, you might be able to get a script from your doc hassle free.

Archived