WOT: Roids

Slim Jim

• Members
5 to 10 lbs of muscle is only a year or two of dedicated lifting and keeping a strict diet, you can easily achieve that.

Bruce Lee was awesome, he was VERY dedicated and strict about what he ate and how he trained. Excellent guy to look up to as far as making your lifestyle healthier.

I've started to plane off on my gains. I literally weighed 105 lbs when I graduated highschool 10 years ago :cry:

I'm at 168 now. According to the trainers at my gym, I need to drop about 10 lbs to get that cut look I'm after.

I'm in the same sort of paradox that a lot of guys find themselves in where they want to cut but also not lose lean mass at the same time and from what I've read, it's fairly tricky to not lose SOME lean mass during the cutting process. I know it can be done but I don't know if my dieting and working motivation is disciplined enough.

My wife use to keep me accountable for going to the gym. Now that she lives out of town, no one is there to kick my butt and drag me into the gym. She works 13 hour work days on average and still does P90x after that. I fail :facepalm:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like anything else, most people take all this {censored} to the extreme.

Go chop logs instead of this gheeeeeeeeeey supplement and drug stuff!

This is just more ad campaign BS to make millions of guys think that's what chicks want. Then you are on cops being arrested :cop:

• Members

I don't want to be a beast guys.

I want to be normal looking.

I'm 5'8", 119lbs, 124 on a great day.

I've been lifting since 07, been wrestling since I was 15.

I've tried mass shakes, protein shakes, creatine, no xplode.

Made sure I took vitamins an all that.

Gains were minimal.

I know I'm not meant to be big and that's fine. I don't wanna be big. I just want a sweet looking body with a little meat on it.

The misconceptions here are plenty. I'm fully aware of the dangers and side effects. I've done hours and hours of research. Way more than I put into my school work, which is sad lol.

I'm curious what you guys would have said to someone coming on here who wanted to try pot and alcohol for the 1st time?

• Members

Gains were minimal.

I know I'm not meant to be big and that's fine. I don't wanna be big. I just want a sweet looking body with a little meat on it.

The misconceptions here are plenty. I'm fully aware of the dangers and side effects. I've done hours and hours of research. Way more than I put into my school work, which is sad lol.

I'm curious what you guys would have said to someone coming on here who wanted to try pot and alcohol for the 1st time?

To that last part, I'd say do what you want but know the consequences. It's your decision.

Anyways, I didn't really see much gain myself in size until I started eating everything in sight.

I made the mistake of eating bad stuff along with lots of good stuff. I usually would eat about 5 or 6 small meals a day and while I DID gain mass, I also gained fat from eating bad stuff and pretty much overshot where I wanted to be and am STILL playing catch up. Bottom line is that you won't grow unless you eat like a horse and if you say you already are, you're not.

that's pretty much the law according to the bodybuilding.com forum.

Consuming mountains of protein is not the answer either. 1.5 grams per target lb of body weight is about what I've read to be the accepted amount for anyone training. I've found it really convenient to mix about 50 grams of muscle milk into my morning coffee. It kills 2 birds with 1 stone. First and most importantly, it eliminates the need for any artificial sweeteners. No more sugar is needed. Aside from a mini butterfinger on friday and about a cup of low fat icecream with the wife on sunday afternoon, I've pretty much eliminated all refined/processed sugar from my diet. And second, the muscle milk gets me a quick easy protein intake and makes the coffee just plain taste better.

Anyways, the other thing that I did that I noticed started to ramp up my gains was mixing things up in the gym. I would rotate every other week a different style of lifting or different group of lifts so my body never became used to any particular regime. I think the only thing that I always do is front bar squats and pullups with a weight belt/weights. Any other type of pulling muscle group, lower body, pushing muscles, etc I'll switch up the rest of them after 2 weeks.

• Members

Meh, if someone is dedicated/strict and understands proper technique working out you can actually get big without any bull{censored} side effects. Natural ftw.

No need for them unless you wanna look like Ronnie Coleman; but personally I enjoy the luxury of being able to reach my ass to wipe it :o.

• Members

Gains were minimal.

How old are you? I'm betting you are pretty young and have a fast metabolism.

I'm 26, and I wasn't able to put on real weight by 20. I ate like a horse but just couldn't gain.

Make no mistake, creative, no-xplode (stupid {censored} that somehow people know about just because of marketing), vitamins, ect... are going to give you little to no gains. I do take a creatine ethyl ester blend but more for an energy boost (and its probably placebo).

You have to wait until your metabolism slows down, lift in the style of a powerlifter and eat huge meals if you want to gain some size.

You will put on some size with steroids, no doubt, but I am GUARANTEEING you that it will ALL disappear within a few months after you're done.

If you want to see my picture go to the "Attn: Cooker" thread.

• Members

Gains were minimal.

How many calories are you eating with every meal?

How many grams of protein are you eating with every meal?

If you're 23 and lifting seriously 3 days a week, you need to be eating 6 meals a day, 351 calories PER MEAL with 17 grams of protein in each and every meal. Have you been eating that strictly? A shake after the gym won't cut it, protein doesn't store up, you need it constantly through-out the day.

If you take roids and you're NOT already eating like this, say goodbye to all your gains anyway.

• Members
I've started to plane off on my gains. I literally weighed 105 lbs when I graduated highschool 10 years ago
:cry:

I'm at 168 now. According to the trainers at my gym, I need to drop about 10 lbs to get that cut look I'm after.

I'm in the same sort of paradox that a lot of guys find themselves in where they want to cut but also not lose lean mass at the same time and from what I've read, it's fairly tricky to not lose SOME lean mass during the cutting process. I know it can be done but I don't know if my dieting and working motivation is disciplined enough.

My wife use to keep me accountable for going to the gym. Now that she lives out of town, no one is there to kick my butt and drag me into the gym. She works 13 hour work days on average and still does P90x after that. I fail
:facepalm:

Stick with it man, you can definitely keep that muscle and lose the fat. You'd be about 28 yeah? Let's say you're 5'10", you need your 6 meals to have 24 grams of protein. Calorie wise you're looking at 331 per meal, and try to keep the fat low, so eat as clean as you can. If you're working your muscles out 3 times a week, they shouldn't disappear, with proper nutrition they'll actually have a week to recover.

Archived