Pink Floyd

JBecker

• Members

Floyd is, other than the Beatles, the greatest musical influence of my life. I played Echoes every day my senior year of high school.

My first big concert was in 1972 seeing Floyd at Winterland in San Fran. They had the quadraphonic PA and debuted Dark Side of The Moon. Best concert ever.

• Members
Floyd is, other than the Beatles, the greatest musical influence of my life. I played Echoes every day my senior year of high school.

My first big concert was in 1972 seeing Floyd at Winterland in San Fran. They had the quadraphonic PA and debuted Dark Side of The Moon. Best concert ever.

Lucky {censored}er, I would've killed for a chance to see the classic lineup with Waters live! :mad:

Still, seeing them in New Orleans on my birthday on the Division Bell tour was pretty damned awesome, too! :thu:

• Members

mother {censored}ing yes....absolutely one of the best bands of all time. The day David Gilmour dies, a piece of me will die too...That sounds extremely ghey, but that dude's guitar playing has such an emotional impact on me, it's almost surreal.

I also endorse this thread for the ages :thu:

• Members

{censored}, we be old! I was at the 2nd show...

:love:

• Members

I never really listened to much Pink Floyd in HS because (stereotype coming) the stoners and burnouts all loved it so I didn't give it much credence.

Over the last few years I've been listening to them more and more and my appreciation of Floyd, and especially Gilmour have grown so much. And really, just keeps growing each time I listen to a song of theirs. :lol:

• Members

http://www.tennesseeconcerts.com/pinkfloyd.html

the closest I got to seeing/hearing PF live was when they played at Vandy stadium back in 1994. We lived a few miles from the stadium, so my 3 1/2 year old son and I sat in the back yard and listened for awhile. He drank Kool-Aid from a sippy cup, I had a beer(or 3).... It was a cool evening!

Neighbors complained of the noise from the concert so the local paper responded in a most humorous way. " The good people who live around Dudley Field aren't used to such noise, and want activities at the stadium that involve much less cheering.......... Like Vandy football, for instance.."

Zing!!

• Members
Neighbors complained of the noise from the concert so the local paper responded in a most humorous way. " The good people who live around Dudley Field aren't used to such noise, and want activities at the stadium that involve much less cheering.......... Like Vandy football, for instance.."

Zing!!

ROFL!!! Poor Vandy! :lol:

• Members

My 16 year old kid just discovered the awesomeness that is David Gilmour. Which in turn has made me rediscover it. Its totally timeless music.

On a side note; I don't really care that much for post Roger Waters Pink Floyd. I don't dislike it but it just does nothing for me. Anyone else feel that way?

• Members
My 16 year old kid just discovered the awesomeness that is David Gilmour. Which in turn has made me rediscover it. Its totally timeless music.

On a side note; I don't really care that much for post Roger Waters Pink Floyd. I don't dislike it but it just does nothing for me. Anyone else feel that way?

Not at all. I'd actually rate A Momentary Lapse of Reason right up there with Floyd's best works with Waters. The Division Bell less so, even though it does have some EPIC moments, too.

That said, Animals is still my favorite Floyd record. :thu:

Archived