I play in a cover band, and I want an amp that has effects built in.

flaming turd

• Members

I'm tired of setting up effects and doing the switching dance. I want to be able to plug into a volum and wah and then to amp, no {censored}ing around with 4 cables and in the loop, blah, blah. And one button simultaneous channel/effect switching is possible.

Would like to keep it around $1k, but it's not really important. I've been playing HK triamp MKII or a dual recto for a few years, PRS guitars.

Whatcha think?

• Members

Well, if money isn't that important you might want to look into a POD HD500 with the DT50.

One cable from guitar to POD, one XLR from POD to DT50. Done. Full switching, effects, all that good stuff. Line 6 stuff generally gets a bad rap but it seems like a pretty nice and convenient solution.

I've got the HD500 for home and practice use, but I haven't tried the DT50 yet.

• Members

line 6 amps suck in live band sitautions.

get the HD500 or some kind of multi fx unit but a fender/peavey tube amp would cut through a lot better and still be very easy to setup and tear down.

So how is the DT50? You know, since you've tried it and all...

• Members

Get the Spider valve with the big foot controller. You can set a patch for any song, have tons of effect options and full control. It cuts through just fine if you know how to eq properly. Also get the Auralex Isolation Platform. It is about $50 and if you use it the amp will sound the same in any club, on any stage made from any material. Plus, the SV has a lot of patches already made for tons of cover songs. You will still have to tweak them but it is a great start.

• Members

Yessir. Sold the Soldano a while back, traded it for another triamp actually.

Ya know? I bought your CD when you released it, jammed the fukk out of it for a while...quality stuff! I think you had put a link up or something at the ABB.net, and BAM forums.

What kind of covers are you doing, or looking to get tones for? You could always go with a modeling processor, and play through the effects loop on your head. I have a Digitech RP250 that you can download patches for, its pretty decent, and really cheap, I've heard of plenty of people gigging with it.

• Members

Ya know? I bought your CD when you released it, jammed the fukk out of it for a while...quality stuff! I think you had put a link up or something at the ABB.net, and BAM forums.

What kind of covers are you doing, or looking to get tones for? You could always go with a modeling processor, and play through the effects loop on your head. I have a Digitech RP250 that you can download patches for, its pretty decent, and really cheap, I've heard of plenty of people gigging with it.

Thanks man!

Stuff like Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Jimmy Eat World, A Perfect Circle, Bon Jovi, Wheezer, RATM, Incubus, etc.

• Members
I'm tired of setting up effects and doing the switching dance. I want to be able to plug into a volum and wah and then to amp, no {censored}ing around with 4 cables and in the loop, blah, blah. And one button simultaneous channel/effect switching is possible.

Would like to keep it around $1k, but it's not really important. I've been playing HK triamp MKII or a dual recto for a few years, PRS guitars.

Whatcha think?

Hard to beat the original Vox Valvetronix models! (AD60VTX or VTH or AD120VTX/VTH. Killer stuff.

• Members

I also have a Dual Recto, though I primarily play out with my Mark IV but this applies here too.

I use a Line 6 M13 (4 cable method) and went out and bought a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher and then run into the switching relays in the back of the Mark IV (the Recto has them too). Now I have one button functionality changes effects and channels. Plugging in the cables isn't that big of a deal for me, since they're all bundled together. The MIDI switcher is always plugged in and just stored in the chassis. So I plug in the 4 cables plus the MIDI cable. Takes 10 seconds.

• Members

I know people bash on Line 6, but I used to use a Flextone head and got good results with it. I would imagine any H&K offering would be way more expensive than a Line 6 one.

That being said, check out my sig for a good deal on a Line 6 amp:facepalm: Shameless, I know:cry:. Desperate times.

• Members

I always laugh at people that say line 6 stuff general sucks for live use cuz I never had trouble cutting when I had a spider 3...

Anyway, I was just at a show and one of the bands had a spider valve on stage....best tone of the night, second only to a pt-100 lol. It was pretty damn impressive sounding...get one of those floor boards with it, and you will be set.

• Members

If I were you I'd be looking at a Pod HD500 and the DT50.

A lot of people are loving the Pod HD and the DT50 is a Bogner designed all valve satellite amp for it that syncs with the models. People say the HD500 sounds awesome through the FX return of their amps, so an all valve amp that reconfigures its power section dependant on the model selected sounds bad-ass.

Plus you can split it and just take the floorboard if you want to go just direct or whatever.

Archived