$150
:eek:

Picking it up tonight!!!

Now, I need to start researching modules and speakers for this bitch!

damn dude, that's a crazy price.

Go to the MTS forum, lots of mod trading over there. I just got a RM100LB a few months ago....I'm loving the SL+ module (with 800 mod). Looking for a Recto style mod now.

• Members

damn dude, that's a crazy price.

Go to the MTS forum, lots of mod trading over there. I just got a RM100LB a few months ago....I'm loving the SL+ module (with 800 mod). Looking for a Recto style mod now.

Nice!!!

I know I want a 1086 for my over the top metal tones. I want to find something inbetween that can pull off the Social Distortion Bassman/Marshall tone. I need to find a good clean mod too. Something Fender-y but with a nice warm low end too it and not overly bright.

• Members

Nice!!!

I know I want a 1086 for my over the top metal tones. I want to find something inbetween that can pull off the Social Distortion Bassman/Marshall tone. I need to find a good clean mod too. Something Fender-y but with a nice warm low end too it and not overly bright.

I like the Ultra & SL+ for some metal, havent tried the 1086 enuf yet.

For cleans MY prefs are:

JTM

Top Boost

Blackface is a little too boomy to me, & the clean is a little too flat.

• Members

I like the Ultra & SL+ for some metal, havent tried the 1086 enuf yet.

For cleans MY prefs are:

JTM

Top Boost

Blackface is a little too boomy to me, & the clean is a little too flat.

Interesting. The Randall website made it sound like neither of those modules actually get clean.

• Members

If you can get your hands on a Salvation Mandarin, go for it. That thing sounded amazing, it had awesome cleans, awesome crunch and awesome hi-gain (for more raw/prog tones). It was like its own head in one preamp, and it kills some other amps in the +1-2k ranges.

• Members

If you can get your hands on a Salvation Mandarin, go for it. That thing sounded amazing, it had awesome cleans, awesome crunch and awesome hi-gain (for more raw/prog tones). It was like its own head in one preamp, and it kills some other amps in the +1-2k ranges.

Interesting...

Is it based on something?

• Members

Salvations are nice, but damn they are expensive...and the wait time is long now ( if you send him mod).

I'm not sure if Dave Freidman is doing MTS mods anymore....he seems really focused on his new amps (Dirty Shirley, Marsha) now, and hasn't answered any of my MTS questions on Rig-talk.

• Members
Interesting...

Is it based on something?

I had the StonerVerb with the additional internal eq switches.

That way it could get more "AD" like or more "Rockerverb" like.

It didn't sound exactly like either, it sounded more or less inspired by the Orange amp line. It did however have somewhere in that Orange vibe its own awesome tone. It is one of those preamps where you can use all the settings and the full sweep of the gain knob, and it sounds great wherever you put it.

Damn I kinda miss the MTS stuff now that I think about it :lol:

• Members

Well, I got it!!!

IMAG0252.jpg

It even came with a really nice padded cover that couldn't have been cheap. :eek:

It came with a 4 button footswitch. I thought they were only supposed to have 3? What does the 4th button do?

I'm thinking about going with Warehouse speakers for this. What do you guys think I should go with?

• Members
Well, I got it!!!

IMAG0252.jpg

It even came with a really nice padded cover that couldn't have been cheap.

It came with a 4 button footswitch. I thought they were only supposed to have 3? What does the 4th button do?

I'm thinking about going with Warehouse speakers for this. What do you guys think I should go with?

I'm using the Eminence Super Vs....very nice, give them a try...supposedly modeled after Fanes. Like a V30 without the icepick.

Archived