Anyone ever been in a band with two guitars in different tunings?

Say Ocean

• Members

yep-- i played in a band that did that a lot, actually. i still seldom play in standard-- but i'll use a capo a lot to get in the ballpark to get the voicings i want from the tunings i like. we also played in several different tunings and just got fast with the tuner to cut down on guitar swaps.

• Members
:lol:

I can see how {censored} that sounded. Circumstance though: we play 7-9 songs...30 minutes total. I have one cheaper guitar, my strat and LPC. It sucks to say, but smaller shows in Chicago is when {censored} gets stolen...and i definitely don't want to chance it with my LP.

So the reason it sucks is that I hate having to worry about nice gear. Its why im on a quest for another cheapish guitar.

just messin'. In that situation it might be an inconvenience.

• Members

Not really... closest would be when I played 7s and the other guy played 6s. Tuned the same, std E, just that I also had a low B.

Was annoying when I wrote something I wanted to play, but the part under it needed the 7th string.
:o

Was also funny though when I'd write something I couldn't even play, and I could just go, "Nope, that's your part. The part under it needs the low B, so I guess I'll have to do that."
:D

That's been the setup in both of my real bands. :lol: (Except in Revengeance it was Eb and in Abnormality it's C#)

Archived