guys v girls when you drive them around in your car...

NinjaRaf

• Members
I do, but when I have people that Im unsure of their musical tastes, Ill put something more neutral on. I dont go around blasting Decapitated at the highest possible volume when I pick some one up lol. If I know they are into metal, Ill put something that most metal people like on, if I dont know what they are into, Ill put something like Incubus on. They still {censored} with it.

:lol: yeah, word.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do, but when I have people that Im unsure of their musical tastes, Ill put something more neutral on. I dont go around blasting Decapitated at the highest possible volume when I pick some one up lol. If I know they are into metal, Ill put something that most metal people like on, if I dont know what they are into, Ill put something like Incubus on. They still {censored} with it.

One of my mates doesn't get this. He's a black metal guy who claims to listen to all kinds of other stuff, but I never happen to be present when he's doing so. So every time I'm in his car it's some abrasive black metal stuff blasting.

And then, despite knowing me for a good 10 years or so now, it inevitably comes up...

"What do you think of this band?"

"Sounds {censored}ing horrible."

"Oh... :o"

He tried to show me some band a few months back that supposedly "I might be into". After a few minutes when he asked what I thought, I had to honestly say it was some of the worst music I'd heard for some time and it sounded as though the vocalist had a severe mental disability of some sort. :lol:

• Members
One of my mates doesn't get this. He's a black metal guy who claims to listen to all kinds of other stuff, but I never happen to be present when he's doing so. So every time I'm in his car it's some abrasive black metal stuff blasting.

And then, despite knowing me for a good 10 years or so now, it inevitably comes up...

"What do you think of this band?"

"Sounds {censored}ing horrible."

He tried to show me some band a few months back that supposedly "I might be into". After a few minutes when he asked what I thought, I had to honestly say it was some of the worst music I'd heard for some time and it sounded as though the vocalist had a severe mental disability of some sort.
:lol:

ROFL awesome.

• Members
ROFL awesome.

Yeah, he just doesn't seem to get that I'm just not into that stuff.

So now if he's in my car, I go out of my way to put on stuff that I know must be making him want to just jump out while it's moving. The Flower Kings, Camel, She & Him, Mahav Orchestra, Belinda Carlisle, etc. Even if I don't feel like listening to any of that stuff, it's worth it. :o

I think I used The Smiths too much coz he doesn't mind them anymore.
"WTF man? Can't you just put on The Smiths or something?"
"No. No I can't. :idk:"

You'd think he'd learn that as soon as he admits to liking or just not minding something, it won't get played anymore. He could very well use it to his advantage until I eventually caught on, but nope... just doesn't get the idea. :lol:

• Members

I try to never be a passenger in a car so I am not subjected to horrible musical taste.

On that note, whenever I drive other people I try to keep the radio on something mild. Mainly classic rock radio.

• Members

I constantly have coworkers in/out of my car, both ladies and dudes.

I usually just try to put something on that's neutral or the radio. I really doubt people want to hear Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Sword, Arcade Fire, etc. I have the top 40 station programmed in for a reason.

If my wife is in the car, I usually talk to her :confused:

I only blast my own music when it's just me in the car.

• Members

Yeah mine already has the damn iPod out and her first song choice on pause before I even turn the ignition key, most times. :facepalm:

I'm like hey hey hey, hold on there- YOU didn't wanna drive so you're GONNA listen to this Meshuggah real quick!! :mad:
We usually trade off 2 songs in a row, though.

• Members
I constantly have coworkers in/out of my car, both ladies and dudes.

I usually just try to put something on that's neutral or the radio. I really doubt people want to hear Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Sword, Arcade Fire, etc. I have the top 40 station programmed in for a reason.

If my wife is in the car, I usually talk to her
:confused:

I only blast my own music when it's just me in the car.

Yeah, that makes sense with the radio stations. I usually just drive around friends, and for the most part, we like the same music. Those that dont, I tend to put something useful. I dont talk a whole lot, so something is kinda necessary in the background lol.

• Members

i haven't experienced this. then again, i have a dedicated ipod for my car that's usually on shuffle so for one thing, if a passenger doesn't like a song it's on to something else in 3 or 4 minutes. also, most girls can't readily figure out how to work the whole ipod connection thing via the stereo faceplate.

• Members

I get into raging fights with my wife because she {censored}s with what I'm listening to in my truck. Yet she forces me to listen to endless books on tape when we are in hers. A few weeks ago I told her to get the {censored} out of the truck and walk home, which she did.

Don't {censored} with my radio. If I'm listening to metal...tough {censored}. It's not like I play it blisteringly loud when she's in there.

• Members

I get into raging fights with my wife because she {censored}s with what I'm listening to in my truck. Yet she forces me to listen to endless books on tape when we are in hers. A few weeks ago I told her to get the {censored} out of the truck and walk home, which she did.

Don't {censored} with my radio. If I'm listening to metal...tough {censored}. It's not like I play it blisteringly loud when she's in there.

OMFG ROFLROFL So much {censored}ing win. WALK HOME YOU {censored}ING MEDDLER!!!

• Members

yeah...it's one of the few things we fight about but it definitely is a hotspot for heated arguments between the two of us. She doesn't just act that way for metal either, same for jazz or basically anything else she doesn't listen to/understand.

• Members

My wife likes pretty much all the same stuff I like to listen to so there's not a whole lot of drama with the music selection when we're in teh car. I usually extend the courtesy of allowing her to choose the music when she drives and vice versa. When she drives, it's typically sevendust, foo fighters, chevelle, breaking benjamin, etc

I'll usually do devin, dream theater, zeppelin, mastodon or opeth.

I'm just glad that I never have to hear hip hop or ke$ha (or any other diva) when she's driving. Lucked out on that one. :o

• Members

Never had that issue. Granted, my car is a piece of {censored} without an actual radio, and I tend to keep the MP3 player in my lap with a portable speaker in the center between the two front seats. So if a girl wants to change the song, I'm totally game.:cool:

• Members
Never had that issue. Granted, my car is a piece of {censored} without an actual radio, and I tend to keep the MP3 player in my lap with a portable speaker in the center between the two front seats. So if a girl wants to change the song, I'm totally game.
:cool:

{censored}ing win lol.

• Members

Never had that issue. Granted, my car is a piece of {censored} without an actual radio, and I tend to keep the MP3 player in my lap with a portable speaker in the center between the two front seats. So if a girl wants to change the song, I'm totally game.
:cool:

You get girls with a car situation like that?

Archived