My first AxeFX Video....with my first patch.

NixerX

• Members

holy growl!

could be an artifact of the camera-- but is it a little gnarly in the top end? it sounds like the harmonics are POPPIN out of that thing- but if you took a little top end out, would it lose definition?

sounds good though-- how much work did you have to do to a stock patch to get there?

• Members

I wish I could hear it irl
:p

How you liking that power amp?

If you ever come up to visit Luke let me know! :thu:

For a SS poweramp im impressed so far. Strange thing is the wattage is still loud as {censored} but is not as tactile as a tube poweramp....in other words you don't feel it by the time it gets skull {censored}ingly loud. IDK must be witnessed to be believed.

Its not perfect yet but im getting there. Very smooth leads, Chunky ass chugga chugga, and crystal cleans!! :thu:

• Members
If you ever come up to visit Luke let me know!
:thu:
For a SS poweramp im impressed so far. Strange thing is the wattage is still loud as {censored} but is not as tactile as a tube poweramp....in other words you don't feel it by the time it gets skull {censored}ingly loud. IDK must be witnessed to be believed.

Its not perfect yet but im getting there. Very smooth leads, Chunky ass chugga chugga, and crystal cleans!!

Oh I will man. :thu:

I must witness it! You think you'll ever get tube power for it?

• Members

Oh I will man.

I must witness it! You think you'll ever get tube power for it?

Probably not. the whole rig weights 1/2 of what a tube set up would and is more versatile. Not to mention If I did run with tube power I would have to defeat the poweramp simulation and with the $$ I ahve into this bitch I wanna get every cent out of it :)

Bottom line and most importantly, It sounds really good so why have gas just for the sake of it?

• Members

Probably not. the whole rig weights 1/2 of what a tube set up would and is more versatile. Not to mention If I did run with tube power I would have to defeat the poweramp simulation and with the $$ I ahve into this bitch I wanna get every cent out of it
:)

Bottom line and most importantly, It sounds really good so why have gas just for the sake of it?

exactly :thu:

I'd love to try a snax at some point, but honestly I don't think I'll ever own one. I've just found my sound with the Titan, and I lub toobz :love:

I don't have any more high gain amp gas. I want a JMP50 and a Blackface Princeton, for crunch and cleans. But otherwise I'm good :thu:

• Members

That sounds pretty good for a camera mic. There's definitely some mic-distortion happening there, but your chops make up for what the audio lacks. You must be a PTH fan, no?

PTH :love:

Ive fattened out the patch. Ill post something with the new settings soon. :)

Archived