My first AxeFX Video....with my first patch.

NixerX

• Members

Cool clip. Not to hijack but if used Standard/Ultras drop significantly in cost I will pick one up for sure. I have always liked them but hesitated owning one for just effects. I would feel good about shelling out $700 to compliment my Cali modded Marshall.

Either way, thanks for the clip. Would love to hear how it would sound in a mix with bass and drums.

• Members
If you ever come up to visit Luke let me know!
:thu:
For a SS poweramp im impressed so far.
Strange thing is the wattage is still loud as {censored} but is not as tactile as a tube poweramp....in other words you don't feel it by the time it gets skull {censored}ingly loud
. IDK must be witnessed to be believed.

Its not perfect yet but im getting there. Very smooth leads, Chunky ass chugga chugga, and crystal cleans!!
:thu:

The vid sounds great, and I can relate; I noticed the same thing with the Tech 21 PSA 1 preamp going through a Roland JC120 at high volumes even after enclosing the speakers.

• Members

Nice.... getting kinda curious about this snax thingy, it would be a god send for recording if nothing else

You will end up using it for more....once you start to get a grip on the tones its truly disgusting how amazing it can sound!!

• Members

The vid sounds great, and I can relate; I noticed the same thing with the Tech 21 PSA 1 preamp going through a Roland JC120 at high volumes even after enclosing the speakers.

I found a couple of things that seemed to help. Adjusting the "thump" on the advances page to like 1-3 helps a lot and curving out around 6k using a Filter block warms it up lots. if you need more high just turn up the presence or treble. Damp and Depth helps too.

Archived