Ya know that $2000 dollar axe fx thingy?

Spizzledude

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Buy a tube amp /thread.

Ah, but you see, I would have to own about ten different boutique amps to satisfy my whoredom. One Snax worth of 1001010100101011010101 does all of the amp models pretty well, particularly the Dumble model. It even emulates the fragile harmonics.

• Members

I'm loving the Fractal classifieds right now. Page and a half of Axe Fx Ultras for sale and the prices are dropping like a rock. I'm surprised they don't have Kudlow on MSNBC right now talking about the Axe Fx bubble bursting.

:lol: I knew that was going to happen, this is going to be fun to watch. Maybe I'll score a cheap 1st gen standard for less than a grand now.

• Members

can you imagine the guys that just bought one and the IR's as well
:facepalm:

the eq on the cab section is killer idea as well .....

all I know is if anyone asks if the axe-fx2 ultra is coming out and they say 'no' I won't believe them!!!

I wonder what the floorboard is for that the guy saw at the office then?!?!

Revalver had eq controls for the I.R. for ages by the way.

• Members

I think Cliff could shut us (Ultra owners) all up if he just released a new set of presets to go along with the new firmware. Those things haven't been updated since 2009 and most of them are either 'meh' or just examples of the crazy stuff the unit can do. A set of actually usable presets would be nice even though we can just make our own, of course.

Very true, the presets are so old that they don't jibe at all with the firmware updates. I wouldn't even begin to think that Cliff is worried at this point about Standard and Ultra users though, he's going to move on 100% with his new product. I'd do no different after 5 years. He's done with the old versions.

• Members

I think so yeah, I wonder if the third party guys will have alternate versions of their IR's made available since i'm pretty sure the "AxeFX" versions are 1024.

From memory, if you buy the RW cabs, the Axe-FX files in there are truncated versions of the full thing that's also included in the pack.So they might be able to just put up as free downloads the Axe II files so users can download new files for whatever they've bought. :idk:

• Members
Man, prices are falling quickly. There's an Ultra on eBay with a BIN of $1,580. Well, looks like the time is coming for me to replace my Marshall.

$1550 now ;) I sold my ultra a while back but if these prices keep falling...

• Members

yup , you sold your defective one for $2700.....pat yourself on the back!

:lol: $2200 numbnuts. What was I to do? Stop the auction once it got up to what I paid for it? It was the ONLY Ultra on ebay at the time and for the 3rd or 4th time I was very clear that the unit had issues, I even paid extra to put it in the subtitle. Why are you so butthurt over something that somebody else bought? The bidding started at $1000...

• Members
:lol:
$2200 numbnuts. What was I to do? Stop the auction once it got up to what I paid for it? It was the ONLY Ultra on ebay at the time and for the 3rd or 4th time I was very clear that the unit had issues, I even paid extra to put it in the subtitle. Why are you so butthurt over something that somebody else bought? The bidding started at $1000...

I f'ed up , I apologise....you don't have to accept it :lol:

Archived