Ya know that $2000 dollar axe fx thingy?

Spizzledude

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, I was just wondering how he got to be a beta tester for all the companies when he can't really play all that well....no offense.

History has shown me that as soon as I comment on this he'll be on this board, so I'm staying out of it. He at least answered my question about an Echoplex sim so that was cool.

• Members

Yea, I was just wondering how he got to be a beta tester for all the companies when he can't really play all that well....no offense.

I kinda lol anytime someone is 'redwirez receipe of' 3-4 different cabs and then you hear the clip and its like ....come on....

• Members

Won't be able to afford the new one for some time, unless I go selling off a bunch of gear. :(

That said... I don't really need the new one just yet anyway. My Ultra is doing just fine, and I have no intention of selling that to fund the new one. If I was getting the new one, I'd rather keep my Ultra too. :idk:

• Members
Won't be able to afford the new one for some time, unless I go selling off a bunch of gear.
:(

That said... I don't really need the new one just yet anyway. My Ultra is doing just fine, and I have no intention of selling that to fund the new one. If I was getting the new one, I'd rather keep my Ultra too.
:idk:

I'm curious if ultra patches will upload to the axe2......put alot of work in these to have to redo them!

god only knows how much they will charge here for them :mad:
there is ALOT of good features in the new one thou.....I'll prolly pick one up asap

• Members

It's so weird to read so many people who think of 2200 dollars as nothing. I was barely able to afford my Ultra two years ago and would 'upgrade' to an Axe-FX II even if the whole process were to only cost me, say, $300. I need pay for a house, buy a new car, and put buying something like a new guitar ahead of getting a new processor that will simply give me a slight increase in tone options.

I mean, Jesus, people it's over two grand for this {censored}!

• Members

I will now predict that the same people that over and over again told you how great the Ultra was and how it sounded every bit as good as their tube amps will now start showing up and saying how you can really hear the difference on the new Axe Fx II. :)

• Members

I have an ADA MP-1 and a Digitech GSP1101 that I would gladly trade for a Standard.

When you think about it, the MP-1 has held its value for over 20 years. The GSP1101 will probably become one of the most sought after rackmount effects units in the 20 years.

So you'd actually be getting the better end of the deal.

• Members

I will now predict that the same people that over and over again told you how great the Ultra was and how it sounded every bit as good as their tube amps will now start showing up and saying how you can really hear the difference on the new Axe Fx II.
:)

Ya, this is the funniest thing. If the Ultra is so good how can this new unit be anything but "different"?

I'm just really surprised that a unit that is significantly better in features and supposed sound improvement is only $200 more than the Ultra... which Fractal felt was fine to sell for $2000 all the way up to 10 days before hand, without even a hint to new customers that their unit would be depreciated in value overnight. I've had my Ultra for a couple of years so something new coming out is no different than how I spend a bunch of cash on a new computer every couple years just so I can play games at a better frame rate. But, for people who JUST bought an Ultra for $2000 within the last, say, month only to see a significantly 'better' model come out for only $200 more? Ouch, to say the least. At least with computers the companies let you in on the product calendars way in advance.

• Members

Ya, this is the funniest thing. If the Ultra is so good how can this new unit be anything but "different"?

I'm just really surprised that a unit that is significantly better in features and supposed sound improvement is only $200 more than the Ultra... which Fractal felt was fine to sell for $2000 all the way up to 10 days before hand, without even a hint to new customers that their unit would be depreciated in value overnight. I've had my Ultra for a couple of years so something new coming out is no different than how I spend a bunch of cash on a new computer every couple years just so I can play games at a better frame rate. But, for people who JUST bought an Ultra for $2000 within the last, say, month only to see a significantly 'better' model come out for only $200 more? Ouch, to say the least. At least with computers the companies let you in on the product calendars way in advance.

Agreed, that will definitely sting for the recent buyers. Especially the ones who overpaid on used ones. But something tells me there will still be free firmware updates to the Standard and Ultra for a while, or at least something to keep pushing towards maximizing their potential (which we know is massive). It's not like Fractal to completely ignore their loyal customer base so far, that'd be insulting.

• Members

It's so weird to read so many people who think of 2200 dollars as nothing. I was barely able to afford my Ultra two years ago and would 'upgrade' to an Axe-FX II even if the whole process were to only cost me, say, $300. I need pay for a house, buy a new car, and put buying something like a new guitar ahead of getting a new processor that will simply give me a slight increase in tone options.

I mean, Jesus, people it's over two grand for this {censored}!

In Aus electricians can make that money in a week easy

but put this in context....say my JVM, dunlop rack wah and gmajor ...looking at about $4600 for that around here

the wah on the axe-fx is near identical in sound, better effects than the g-major and as far as the head goes well thats all subjective but I have got far more tones out of the axe

its hard for me to hang on to that gear but I do cause it is nice to have that setup ...I've sold a ton more gear since I got it

so $2200 isn't cheap (especially after shipping + taxes) but looking at what you get for it ....the value is a steal IMO

• Members

possibly because they have two of those shark chips , being able to get even more bulk (as well as price drops with technology) might be why it is so close?!?!? :idk:
but yeah I'm be pissed if I just got one for sure :(

• Members

possibly because they have two of those shark chips , being able to get even more bulk (as well as price drops with technology) might be why it is so close?!?!?
:idk:

There would probably be plenty of places to cut down costs by better negotiating agreements with suppliers and whatnot. They've got the proven success of the Axe-FX behind them now, which could only help in that regard. :idk:

• Members

I'm just now worried that firmware updates will come to a close for the Ultra now. I just installed the new firmware (haven't tried it yet), but why would Fractal keep spending time and money on it when they've got the new thing to tend to?

I think Cliff could shut us (Ultra owners) all up if he just released a new set of presets to go along with the new firmware. Those things haven't been updated since 2009 and most of them are either 'meh' or just examples of the crazy stuff the unit can do. A set of actually usable presets would be nice even though we can just make our own, of course.

• Members

Wow, pretty interesting indeed. I honestly didn't really care about any of the features until I read this:

"Along with the new dynamic speaker modeling in the amp block, the Axe-Fx II features a new higher resolution (2048) convolution cabinet emulator with 64 factory Impulse Responses (IRs) and 50 "USER CAB" memory locations. "

Thats pretty huge IMO, both the 2048 resolution and the 50 user cab slots.

• Members

Wow, pretty interesting indeed. I honestly didn't really care about any of the features until I read this:

"Along with the new dynamic speaker modeling in the amp block, the Axe-Fx II features a new higher resolution (2048) convolution cabinet emulator with 64 factory Impulse Responses (IRs) and 50 "USER CAB" memory locations. "

Thats pretty huge IMO, both the 2048 resolution and the 50 user cab slots.

pretty sure that 'extends' the capture to right? so get room reflections?

I'm curious about the sequencer ....sounds like it might be stepping in adrenalinn territory

• Members

pretty sure that 'extends' the capture to right? so get room reflections?

I'm curious about the sequencer ....sounds like it might be stepping in adrenalinn territory

I think so yeah, I wonder if the third party guys will have alternate versions of their IR's made available since i'm pretty sure the "AxeFX" versions are 1024.

• Members
I think so yeah, I wonder if the third party guys will have alternate versions of their IR's made available since i'm pretty sure the "AxeFX" versions are 1024.

can you imagine the guys that just bought one and the IR's as well :facepalm:

the eq on the cab section is killer idea as well .....

all I know is if anyone asks if the axe-fx2 ultra is coming out and they say 'no' I won't believe them!!!

I wonder what the floorboard is for that the guy saw at the office then?!?!

• Members

can you imagine the guys that just bought one and the IR's as well
:facepalm:

the eq on the cab section is killer idea as well .....

all I know is if anyone asks if the axe-fx2 ultra is coming out and they say 'no' I won't believe them!!!

I wonder what the floorboard is for that the guy saw at the office then?!?!

Could have been a clever diversion. :lol:

• Members

Haha, people are already saying that their patches sound better with the new firmware. Those crazy placebo havin' bastards.

I need to get some sleep I thought you said, "Those crazy placenta havin' bastards."

• Members

I'm loving the Fractal classifieds right now. Page and a half of Axe Fx Ultras for sale and the prices are dropping like a rock. I'm surprised they don't have Kudlow on MSNBC right now talking about the Axe Fx bubble bursting.

Archived