Tube Screamer Amp?

scolfax

• Members

Well, if it's anything like the pedal.....

:cry:

Actually, that's unfair. The pedals sound ok when you have an amp thats already cooking.

Using them into a clean amp for dirt. No {censored}ing way.

I hate how you get a layer of clean and then drive on top. :mad:

Does the amp have one built in or something? Or am I just making that up??!?

• Members

Well, if it's anything like the pedal.....

:cry:

Actually, that's unfair. The pedals sound ok when you have an amp thats already cooking.

Using them into a clean amp for dirt. No {censored}ing way.

I hate how you get a layer of clean and then drive on top.
:mad:

Does the amp have one built in or something? Or am I just making that up??!?

Yes it does. I've never played on one so that's all I have to offer in this thread.

• Members

Several amps have already installed factory Tube Screamers of a sort. The Marshall JCM900 MkIII 2100 and 2500 engage diodes as you turn up the Gain Knob from 11 to 20 adding extra gain over the normal gain coming from the Preamp Knob 1 to 10, which uses the (3) 12ax7 preamp tubes gain stages. The Carvin X100-B amps on the Lead Channel engages internal chips for extra gain/overdrive as you turn up the Lead Gain Knob from 1 to 10. When the Master Volume Knob is pulled out it engages a 12dB internal boost on the Lead/Gain Channel.

• Members

I always wonder what peoples' reactions would be had Ibanez marketed the thing without mentioning the built-in Tube Screamer / boost at all.

Folks don't seem to mind one bit about built-in solid-state stuff when the manufacturers keep their mouths shut about it and keep it secret.

Several amps have already installed factory Tube Screamers of a sort. The Marshall... Carvin...

No to mention the HCAF favourite: Blackstar HT-series.

• Members

I'd like to learn more about this one myself. Seems like you could add a good 'verb and have a versatile amp for home & jammin' with friends with enough balls to be heard over a drunk, heavy hitting drummer.

Archived