Bacon cooking methods...

jenksdrummer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats what i usually do, you can cook it in the oven too. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon

ever wrap corn in bacon and then grill it? so freaking good, makes the corn taste like bacon.

yeb oven is the {censored}..and i will be sure to try bacon wrapped corn

• Members

'Tis so great to wander upon this thread. I am currently babysitting some bacon-wrapped jalapenos cooking in the oven with some venison sausage. My wife is under the impression that I de-seed the jalapeno peppers. ERRONEOUS!

• Members

We have different bacon.

And we don't tend to slather it in syrup and stuff

I'll reassess my verdict on American bacon in a few days time when I get to Florida.

I can't really remember what it's like.

I remember it being thin and crispy strips :confused:

That's not even really bacon in my eyes. :idk:

• Members

We have different bacon.

I'll reassess my verdict on American bacon in a few days time when I get to Florida.

I remember it being thin and crispy strips
:confused:

That's not even really bacon in my eyes.
:idk:

So your opinion is based on a vague an obviously inaccurate memory? Report back when you've had some proper bacon you tit.

• Members

i mean if you want to get really picky and have perfectly cirsp, perfectly flat bacon, you could bake it at like 200 low and slow, between two silplats, then let them rest on disposable foodservice towels as to absorb all the grease, keeping it crispy.

or you could buy the thick cut stuff, cut it in to lardons and bring it up slowly in a bit of water to render out the fat, then cook it in that fat after the water evaporates.

or you could fry it up in a cast iron low slowly... thats the old school rustic way.

or you can cook it on a sheet tray with parchment 300-350 flip the bacon, and rotate the pan half way, cook it till its just slightly under where you want it.

then pull it out of the oven and out of its own fat, and let it rest. it'll crisp up as it sits.

lots of "correct" ways to cook bacon.

i've cooked alot of bacon in my day. :thu:

• Members

Cast Iron Skillet

Med low to Medium heat

I like a little chewy and a little crunch. I can't stand burnt extra crispy bacon.

EDIT: Almost forgot
THICK CUT only.

Ahhhh yes, thick cut is the way. Our supermarkets butcher counter has a good bacon. thick cut & not all wet & slimey.

Anyhow, I like mine just to the crisp point.

• Members

We have different bacon.

I remember it being thin and crispy strips
:confused:

That's not even really bacon in my eyes.
:idk:

Dear GOD, you're depressing. :(

You don't even know what bacon IS. I'd have to kill myself.

Archived