Bacon cooking methods...

jenksdrummer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah bacon. I never tried slow cook; usually just a simple heat and sizzle until its almost crispy but still chewy.

A quote from Jim Gaffigan: "I bet if you put bacon bits on top of bacon, you could travel back in time. I would just travel back to the last time I was eating bacon."

Anyone try back fat?

• Members

Serious situations call for bacon.

DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=140094
DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=140095

The ultimate tactical accessory, the new Tactical Bacon from CMMG is simply amazing. Kept in an aluminum can for a shelf life of 10+ years, the CMMG Tactical Bacon is more affordable than other pre-cooked bacon from other producers, who offer no tactical packaging for their product. Including 9 ounces of pre-cooked bacon goodness, comparable to 3 pounds of raw bacon, the CMMG Tactical Bacon is perfect for camping trips, survival situations, a snack at the range, zombie attacks, and many other apocalyptic scenarios. Able to be eaten cold, or heated up, CMMG Tactical Bacon is sure to please bacon lovers of all ages.

• Members

mother{censored}ing piece of mother{censored}ing 800 pages..... in.

oh and cast iron or oven are my favs. wrap that bitch 'round some scallops too. mother{censored}er.

oh, and the foo fighters are overrated. good, but way overrated. doesnt excuse the other dumb {censored} about allmighty bacon though.

• Members

You guys who do it in the oven, do you have our oven on the "bake" or "broil". If you bake it, what temp do you set your oven? I've tried bacon in the oven on broil, but it's tricky. You go from "not quite ready" to "burnt to a crisp" in like 20 seconds.

• Members

Honestly, the best way I've found to cook bacon is on a George Foreman. Comes out
perfect
!

And also, thick-slice only. I also get for
the good stuff in the meat department. None of this pre-packaged business.

Yeah, I'm pretty serious about bacon...

Exactly.

There are exceptions, like some of the nitrate free stuff. But most of that slimy stuff is poo.

• Members
Serious situations call for bacon.

DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=140094
DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=140095

The ultimate tactical accessory, the new Tactical Bacon from CMMG is simply amazing. Kept in an aluminum can for a shelf life of 10+ years, the CMMG Tactical Bacon is more affordable than other pre-cooked bacon from other producers, who offer no tactical packaging for their product. Including 9 ounces of pre-cooked bacon goodness, comparable to 3 pounds of raw bacon, the CMMG Tactical Bacon is perfect for camping trips, survival situations, a snack at the range, zombie attacks, and many other apocalyptic scenarios. Able to be eaten cold, or heated up, CMMG Tactical Bacon is sure to please bacon lovers of all ages.

I remember seeing that stuff when browsing CMMG's Quebec kits. Must. Stock. Up. :D

Archived