Has anyone here tried a telecaster through a 6505+?

OverDriven

• Members

I know that one of the guitarists used a Tele into either a DSL or Recto (can't remember which). Always sounded rad as hell.

Was Tele into DSL (Brad Clifford)

I suposse that it will sound great as long you pick a quality telecaster, a friend of mine have a Fender custom shop cunetto nocaster that sound HUGE :eek:

I bought a telecaster and a Dual recto cause this guys, one of my fave bands (usually both guitarist use rectos and telecaster, but in these videos one of the guys is playing a Marshall jubilee) and thinking about buy another telecaster :thu:

[video=youtube;WBNQXz_hbTw]

[video=youtube;Yg-xpFCewWk]

[video=youtube;pqMhEp9DOfk]

In the other hand i bought the Sg 61 cause Ian Mackaye and Greg Hetson :love:

• Members

I've always wanted a Tele and I've been seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one lately. I'm just wondering how they mesh with a 6505+. Will this cause a paradox and rip a hole in the space-time continuum?

I have tried it... not extensively but Ive got the pair, I just dont bust the tele out much.

• Members

I guess that would sound interesting.

Nothing like using what is not "expected".

I don't mind playing my Epi Hollowbody Joe Pass thru my 6505+ on the clean/rhythm channel. Granted I must not abuse volume and it needs to be filled with foam cause of the horrible feedback otherwise, but I can manage to get some nice early Yes Steve Howe tone.

Of course a 6505+ is no Fender Twin, JC120 or polytone but still can do the job.

Hum I like that idea of using a Tele, I might try to get something smilar to Mike Stern minus the chops ;)

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Every guitar store I go to around here had a 6505+ halfstack setup so that is my default test amp, so every Tele I've played and loved, from a US 52RI to a 50s Roadworn to a Deluxe, all through a 6505+, and all sounded AMAZING...even high gain.

Except this guy I got to play today, through a Blackstar:

00000001694c862e8da5173.JPG

$3800 '58 Heavy Relic Tele. Maybe the best guitar I've ever played.

• Members

Thanks guys. I'm planning on playing in a new band with this...style is going to be experimental mixed with post-hardcore and some ambient elements. My EC-1000 has been my workhorse for a long time, but I don't think it can do exactly what I want for this band. I'll be using the 6505+'s rhythm and crunch channels a lot, and only really going to the lead channel for solo/lead work here and there. The sound I'm looking for is big and jangly with a good amount of grind when I need it. So that brings me to the next question...which model of Tele would be the best? There's a lot to choose from. I would like to keep it under $1000 if possible.

buy sx tele from rondo. install fender noiseless tele pickups set. install new tuners. have tele for under $200.

srs, i compared mine (got on a whim because i wasnt sure if i wanted a tele) after new pups and tuners to a mim....no discernable difference. and im picky as {censored} about the way a guitar feels. twang, chime, bloom for days, son.

edit: ince this is a gravedigging thread, was there ever any resolution? did joe get a tele?

• Thanks 1

• Members

Thanks guys. I'm planning on playing in a new band with this...style is going to be experimental mixed with post-hardcore and some ambient elements. My EC-1000 has been my workhorse for a long time, but I don't think it can do exactly what I want for this band. I'll be using the 6505+'s rhythm and crunch channels a lot, and only really going to the lead channel for solo/lead work here and there. The sound I'm looking for is big and jangly with a good amount of grind when I need it. So that brings me to the next question...which model of Tele would be the best? There's a lot to choose from. I would like to keep it under $1000 if possible.

I'm sure a standard tele would be great, maybe with a lil 59 or some sort of mini humbucker in the bridge.

I've been eyeing off the Richie Kotzen Tele.

http://www.katanaguitars.com/product/19

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...