Has anyone here tried a telecaster through a 6505+?

OverDriven

• Members

DV016_Jpg_Large_515524.001_black.jpg

Here's one I'd recommend. Put in a lil 59 or whatever tele sc sized HB in the bridge and a coil tap. Then you'll have Tele looks, a heavy sounding bridge pu as well as some in between Strat sounds.

Is that an American or Mexican? This thread is amplifying my GAS :love:

• Members

I think it'll be good, but the only thing I'm worried about is noise. Then again, I won't be using the lead channel all THAT much.

If you got a noise gate it won't matter :p

The noise won't be that bad, especially if you stick with the crunch channel. If all else fails get EMG pickups. I hate their humbuckers, but their single coils sound so freakin' good.

• Members

Ok so someone tell me in simple terms what is the difference between a MIM, MIA and Highway One Tele? Which is the best and why?

MIM is made and assembled in Mexico, with mexican hardware.

HWY1 has the body and neck made in Mexico, but the hardware is American and its assembled in America. They also have satin finishes.

The MIA is made and assembled in America.

I don't think theres a whole lot of difference in quality between the HWY1 and the American, but the electronics and hardware on the MIM stuff is definitely lower quality.

I got my HWY 1 for $500. Its great.

• Members

i just swapped out the widerange pickups to bill lawerence L90's in my tele. also i went to some thicker strings

IT SOUNDS {censored}ING FIERCE!!!!

tele's flat out do everything, i am just angry i only played strats for so long. its an amesome design and just a true workhorse of a guitar.

• Thanks 1

• Members

I know I'm being a snob here, but I think I want a real Fender. Don't you think a MIM Tele for $499 would be better than a Squier anyways?

I don't think you would be happy with anything less than an American Standard Tele...

Unless you want to go with a G&L Classic.

DV016_Jpg_Large_502718.500_walnut_satin.

The quality of the G&L tribute series is amazingly good for the price.

BTW> The vintage vibe Squiers are really nice...even the pickups sound good.

The only reason I don't own any is my reluctance to pay the stupid prices they ask for them here in Australia

• Members

I run a MIM Fender Tele w/Seymour Duncan JB into both a boosted 6505 and a Mesa Dual, my other guitar is a les paul custom, the tele is obviously a little thinner sounding.

Been thinking about putting a slightly bassier pickup in the tele but havent gotten around to it.

FWIW i play in melodic proggy/ambient black metal band, i use a decimator with both setups and im pretty sure live the crowd a) cant tell the difference in tone and b) dont give a {censored} anyway

• Members

dont rule out squire completely.

one of my favourite high gain tones ive gotten was with a stock squire vintage modified.

461776.jpg

and this was with the stock stacked duncan designed pickup(bridge) through a DIY fuzz pedal of mine.

[video=youtube;jqHHHvIMSvY]

since then ive had an itch for teles with a nice dollop of gain. but when i foolishly sold the squire, i had a hard time finding a suitable "fender" replacement. the neck and quality of the VM was just great. in the endeded up putting a frankenstein tele together (HWY1+MIM)

[video=youtube;nrI6Hb7yIwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrI6Hb7yIwk

telecasters...not just for country bumpking/twangbangers anymore...

• Like 1

• Members

Do yourself a HUGE favor and keep an eye out for Warmoth/Fender Tele hybrids on eBay. I scored mine for $500 with an American Tele neck and hardware with a Warmoth Swamp Ash butterscotch blonde body which altogether is well over $1,000 in parts. I also got a complete Warmoth Strat for a similar price and they are both mind blowingly good guitars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Telecaster-1963-reissue-w-Warmoth-Pro-neck-/320717869900?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aac46534c

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Custom-Tele-SRV-Neck-SS-Frets-/140566952434?pt=Guitar&hash=item20ba7179f2

• Members

I use a USA tele stock (except for orange drop and 4 way switch) in 6505s and my titan all the time, sounds different but awesome.

One of the Guitarists from Embracing Goodbye uses a bias modded 6505+ and a USA tele deluxe exclusively.

Now one guitarist uses a DSL and the other uses a Recto. One's using an SG and the other a Gibson Nighthawk.

• Members

The guy in Young Widows uses a Tele with single coils into a 5150 and it sounds great.

I just checked ....you're right.

[video=youtube;y1i0G_xXsGg]

{censored}...I knew you could get some badass punk tone out of that....

{censored}ing proof.

• Members

i actually think it would sound sick. with the single coils too. i say go for it. i also say a tele with buckers is no longer a {censored}ing tele, but thats me.

For me, it's all about the bridge pickup. Throw whatever you want in the neck and middle positions, but a Tele with a bucker in the bridge...well, what's the point?

Though I have been wondering what an angled P90 in the bridge position would sound like. I've seen Teles with p90s, but they're always straight in the bridge, instead of the traditional slant.