Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo

guitarbilly74

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You need to try more beers, in England we call it {censored}ty gnats piss

I've tried plenty of beers in all honesty. I never buy 'cheap' beers anymore, unless its Keystone/Rolling Rock/Yuengling (awesome beer) and it's because I'm partying college-style. Of 'the big 3' in the US (Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite) I'd take Miller every time. We actually have a ton of good micro-breweries popping up all over NJ and PA over here that are pretty great (Victory, Riverhorse, Yards, Dogfish etc.)

Speaking of which, the best Belgian White I've ever had, hands down, is Riverhorse Double Wit. Slightly on the sweet side, due to the higher alcohol content. Try it if you can, distribution has really picked up on this product in the past 2-3 years. Lots of places carry it by the bottle now I've noticed.

Look at it this way, Miller is the only one deemed pallatable enough to be even brought over to Europe!

• Members

When I was in San Diego, I happened across the
- I thought it was cool that there is actually a sort of "Belgian Beer" tradition in the USA. It's flattering to our industry, and nice to know that something besides waffles and chocolates is known about Belgium.

Belgian white's are verrry popular in the US. Blue Moon is probably one of the best selling no-light beers in the US, and its a Belgian style lager.

• Members

Belgian white's are verrry popular in the US. Blue Moon is probably one of the best selling no-light beers in the US, and its a Belgian style lager.

Belgian whites are my favorite :love:

But if were talking cheap ass beer, Coors Light is WAY better than Miller. At least to me....currently.

• Members

??? I'm confused as to all the hate. Miller Lite is the best of the big 3 American light lagers...

If you enjoy it then good for you, but try some microbrews and you will probably never touch that stuff again. Anything from Bells or Victory.

• Members

Don't brag. Your english beer is rather like making love in a canoe too.

F**king close to water.

Haha Monty python live at the Hollywood bowl

But its better than French... I mean Belgium beer.

Joking but we can hold out own, I love Belgium beer, but I have to say I prefer English and German beer.

• Members

I've tried plenty of beers in all honesty. I never buy 'cheap' beers anymore, unless its Keystone/Rolling Rock/Yuengling (awesome beer) and it's because I'm partying college-style. Of 'the big 3' in the US (Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite) I'd take Miller every time. We actually have a ton of good micro-breweries popping up all over NJ and PA over here that are pretty great (Victory, Riverhorse, Yards, Dogfish etc.)

Speaking of which, the best Belgian White I've ever had, hands down, is Riverhorse Double Wit. Slightly on the sweet side, due to the higher alcohol content. Try it if you can, distribution has really picked up on this product in the past 2-3 years. Lots of places carry it by the bottle now I've noticed.

Look at it this way, Miller is the only one deemed pallatable enough to be even brought over to Europe!

You can get bud light in Europe, not that its any good.

• Members

ummm no.

globally, Budweiser is far more visible. I didn't see a single Miller/Coors product in Europe or Japan. Corona from Mexico, Guinness from Ireland, Boddingtons from England, etc.

I used to drink a ton of Miller Lite. I had no taste, and not much class. That stuff is piss, but I blame it on being in college. I've since come to my senses and developed a palate for actual Beer. Cheap beer is left to Lone Star/PBR because the Miller Lite tastes like over carbonated metallic beer flavored water.

Just don't fool yourself. You're inexperienced and haven't come to that revelation yet. You will. Or you won't, but at that point you will definitely want to keep it to yourself or buy season passes to your local NASCAR venue.

• Members
When Andrew Oliver of Minneapolis heard the news, he headed over to Surdyk's Liquor to stock up on Miller Lite, his wife's favorite beer.

"We just had a kid, so she's looking forward to Miller Lite."

^^^That says it all.

came here to post this :D

• Members

ummm no.

globally, Budweiser is far more visible. I didn't see a single Miller/Coors product in Europe or Japan. Corona from Mexico, Guinness from Ireland, Boddingtons from England, etc.

I used to drink a ton of Miller Lite. I had no taste, and not much class. That stuff is piss, but I blame it on being in college. I've since come to my senses and developed a palate for actual Beer. Cheap beer is left to Lone Star/PBR because the Miller Lite tastes like over carbonated metallic beer flavored water.

Just don't fool yourself. You're inexperienced and haven't come to that revelation yet. You will. Or you won't, but at that point you will definitely want to keep it to yourself or buy season passes to your local NASCAR venue.

Welcome back! I don't disagree with anything being said here, honestly.

In France, Germany, and Switzerland (the only European countries I've been to in the past 6 years), the only American beer I found in bars was Miller Lite. Maybe it's different in other regions - but that's all I've seen on menus. I really dislike PBR, never seen/heard of Lone Star, and I'm only saying that given Bud, Coors, and Miller I always thought Miller to be the best. I'm not saying I drink it or buy it, but given the choice of JUST those 3 beers, I would pick Miller.

Everyone for some reason is reading this as "I LOVE MILLAR LAT!," which is not the case. I haven't bought Miller since high school. My cheap beer is Rolling Rock and Yuengling at this point, which I do love.

I've also never watched Nascar (which I would assume would be a Budweiser sport).

EDIT: It sucks that Bud Light is apparently so readily available over there - that {censored} is sugar-water. But this makes sense because of Inbev distribution I guess.

RE-EDIT: Just got back from a trip to Pittsburgh. They have a Hofbrauhaus. Has anyone been to one of these? The only other two I know of are in Vegas and Munich, Germany. The Dunkel (dark) is probably my favorite beer of all time.

• Members
It's flattering to our industry, and nice to know that something besides waffles and chocolates is known about Belgium.

You kow what Belgium is famous for? Chocolates and child abuse.

And they only invented the chocolate to get to the kids.

:o

• Members

I don't mind High Life when it comes to cheap beers, but who would drink Miller Lite? That's like drinking watery-er water. If you can't handle the full test, may as well buy some Vagisil and switch to Bartles and James.

Archived