It's getting real in London

satannica

• Members

Much mojo to the brits - its gonna take a while to get up from this. Looks like its roughly the same people looting that spends their sundays throwing rocks at police and other football fans under the excuse that they're "football fans".

Discipline did go out the window over the last century, its not just the UK. It went out with "common sense", a rarity these days. I'm only 28, but I see a MAJOR difference in my generation and the currents teens - we were brought up under the dogma "You HAVE to work, so might as well educate yourself so your work is something you LIKE" - that turned into "You SHOULD work, but if you dont wanna, you'll be fine..."

...and I really, really fail to see how guns factor into all this... Yes, the rioters were underestimated, but the police can now go in in full force and not risk getting shot in the face by hoodlums with easy access to guns

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally Posted by
Neilrocks25
viewpost-right.png

WTF like the LA riots, are you really that retarded.

on the issue of gun control there is a big cultural difference that you should know about.

US you feel its your right to bare arms

UK we feel lucky we don't have to bare arms.

Its that simple, the reason hand guns were banned is because some guy shot up a lot of (young) kids in a school, this riot was started because some one was shot.

It's a very different culture, not right not wrong but different.

Who told you we shave our arms? :o

• Members

If being a hippie means my life isn't in the hands of muppets like you bearing arms then so be it, say i was just in the area and you felt threatened decided to pop a few shots off at a crowd? Yeah sounds great doesn't it, eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Genuinely we are educated enough to know we do not want guns in public.

This posts sounds neither educated nor is it surprising.

• Members

I would bet a dollar that if there was a riot going on outside your door right now that any of you gun lovers would actually

a) have the balls to shoot a rioter

b) if they did shoot a kid dead would be able to look theirs in the eye with conviction.

Keyboard warriors with guns in the wardrobe... pussies!

• Members

Seen videos on facebook from stuff going on in Wolverhampton now as well
:facepalm:
Apparently there will be something happening in Kettering this evening but just rumours at the minute..

I'm surprised the Stevenage crowd hasn't turned out; maybe they're not as big-eared and wide-eyed as I had thought!

• Members
Dear London, Thanks for showing us that a lack of guns prevents violent crime. Love, America.
:lol:

Of course. What a great idea. In the case of mass rioting and violence, give all the rioters access to guns. What a brilliant idea. That'll tame things right down.

You seriously think they're only going to be accessible to the innocent people defending their buisnesses? How completely {censored}ing retarded are you two? :facepalm:

• Members

I would bet a dollar that if there was a riot going on outside your door right now that any of you gun lovers would actually

a) have the balls to shoot a rioter

b) if they did shoot a kid dead would be able to look theirs in the eye with conviction.

Keyboard warriors with guns in the wardrobe... pussies!

if they came into my house or threatened my family, both to ^^ :idk::thu:

walking around outside acting a fool? why would i do that? that's murder, br:o

• Members

if they came into my house or threatened my family, both to ^^
:idk::thu:
walking around outside acting a fool? why would i do that? that's murder, br:o

Who's to say the guy coming in your front door isn't armed with a gun using the same system and laws you guys are protecting? As guns are illegal, the chances of the guy coming through your door having one is markedly less! Having lived in walthamstow - and having walked in on a Burglar mid-act, these criminals tend to scarper the second that someone comes onto the scene for fear of being identified or someone with large muscles making them their bitch. The burglar I walked in on jumped off a first storey window ledge simply due to the fact that I had walked in the room.

Don't get me wrong, I think guns are cool and if I was in the States I'd probably own one simply to learn targets and that. I tried it once, it was great. But allowing the public en-masse access to handguns just isn't a great idea when a large amount of these people are so {censored}ed in the head. There's no justification to introduce guns into this particular situation- you'd only turn a case of looting into a bloody shootout. Really, which is worse?

• Members

Who's to say the guy coming in your front door isn't armed with a gun using the same system and laws you guys are protecting? As guns are illegal, the chances of the guy coming through your door having one is markedly less! Having lived in walthamstow - and having walked in on a Burglar mid-act, these criminals tend to scarper the second that someone comes onto the scene for fear of being identified or someone with large muscles making them their bitch. The burglar I walked in on jumped off a first storey window ledge simply due to the fact that I had walked in the room.

Don't get me wrong, I think guns are cool and if I was in the States I'd probably own one simply to learn targets and that. I tried it once, it was great. But allowing the public en-masse access to handguns just isn't a great idea when a large amount of these people are so {censored}ed in the head. There's no justification to introduce guns into this particular situation- you'd only turn a case of looting into a bloody shootout. Really, which is worse?

that's all fine and dandy, but has nothing to do with how i answered the question you asked? :idk: :idk:

so pony up that dolla dolla billz, bish! :cop::thu:

you aksed-

if there was a riot outside, would i simply leave the La-Z-Boy and start firing en masse into a crowd, and i said lol no b/c that's stupid? :confused: and illegal. they call it murder? :thu:

• Members

I believe in clearing ALL riots (any country) with just two words...... HELLICOPTER GUNSHIPS.

My prayers are out for the innocent victims of this stupidity... We have had our fill of rioting here in the USA.

Good luck to you all and stay safe...

• Members

OK well how would guns and this riot be a good match?

Edumicate me
:D

dude i love my guns but i didn't say any of that nonsense i read earlier... :o:cop:;)

"having guns" around isn't gonna stop anyone from doing anything they're already set to do, aside from the fact that you can pretty much guarantee someone's gonna get capped :(

that's why riot police have those rubber bullet thingies. they can't just go full auto on demonstrators/protestors. :thu:

• Members

I grew up in East London and my parents disciplined me when I did something wrong.

And that totally worked.

I mean, you are one of the most well balanced personalities on here, and basically a happy person resting in the knowledge that you have given as much to humanity as you have gotten back, right?

...right?

Archived