It's getting real in London

satannica

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't buy into the "Government cuts caused all this" bull{censored}.

I know many people who have been made redundant and struggled to find work, in some cases resorting to any low-skilled crap they can get. They're not out rioting!

It's many things IMO. Failed parenting, failed schools, failed immigration and the Gov is an absentee landlord.

• Members

David Cameron "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these ponsing parasites biting the hand that feds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.".....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did.....

• Members

He looked like a student to me, maybe he was a foreign student who knows?

In the middle of a riot zone?

When I saw Tottenham going off in front of me, I got right back in my car and left! I didn't hang around to see if I could nab a TV and possibly have something smashed into my face in the process!

If he was truly innocent, he should have left! Simple! Maybe I'm indeed wrong and I'll eat my words, but a rioter getting mugged doesn't stir much sympathy with me. It only becomes sad if he was indeed, as you say, an innocent person, student or not, foreign or not.

• Members

In the middle of a riot zone?

When I saw Tottenham going off in front of me, I got right back in my car and left! I didn't hang around to see if I could nab a TV and possibly have something smashed into my face in the process!

If he was truly innocent, he should have left! Simple! Maybe I'm indeed wrong and I'll eat my words, but a rioter getting mugged doesn't stir much sympathy with me. It only becomes sad if he was indeed, as you say, an innocent person, student or not, foreign or not.

I got caught up in the Brixton riot in 96 after coming out of the Brixton academy seeing Therapy? so it can happen and it has... :o

• Members

I got caught up in the Brixton riot in 96 after coming out of the Brixton academy seeing Therapy? so it can happen and it has...
:o

I was at that gig too! I especially liked Andy's thoughts "They're rioting outside, let's start one in here"... or words to that effect.

Sure it can happen, but the circumstances aren't being told so who knows. They could have just taken a couple of recently looted Sony PSPs out of his back pack too! I have a feeling if it was an A4 pad and a calculator, they would have walked off!

And yes, that girl is a right munter! Jebus! Talk about no class!

• Members

Yep, just goes to show there is nothing political about any of this. Just scum teenagers causing mayhem for the heck of it.

this. These people just wanted an excuse to go get a shiny new tv and destroy {censored}.

• Members
WTF like the LA riots, are you really that retarded.

on the issue of gun control there is a big cultural difference that you should know about.

US you feel its your right to bare arms

UK we feel lucky we don't have to bare arms.

Its that simple, the reason hand guns were banned is because some guy shot up a lot of (young) kids in a school, this riot was started because some one was shot.

It's a very different culture, not right not wrong but different.

Archived