aargh! so frustrating!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Is anyone buying/selling any gear these days??? Wow is the market THIS dead?

I agree. I have not been able to sell much online. I know it's not the best choice, but if you are planning an a purchase, you could try GC. 15% off plus trade. I ended up sucking it up and trading a head and with the 15% off got $150 also. So ended up with $850 for a $1000 head. I would still have the head and not been playing with the new one, if I waited for it to sell.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been a buyers market since the stock market tanked two years ago. Not many people are willing to part with cash, and those that are know that if they don't like something they buy, they won't be able to resell it very easily and they can afford to be very selective.

Items like clean old Marshalls hold their value because they will always be in demand. Specialty and boutique items though have lost a lot of value. I took a $1k hit on a Two Rock, and I've got another I'm holding on to that has lost similar value.

I'm honestly surprised more companies haven't gone out of business. How many people can there be buying new amps these days?

• Members
It's been a buyers market since the stock market tanked two years ago. Not many people are willing to part with cash, and those that are know that if they don't like something they buy, they won't be able to resell it very easily and they can afford to be very selective.

Items like clean old Marshalls hold their value because they will always be in demand. Specialty and boutique items though have lost a lot of value. I took a $1k hit on a Two Rock, and I've got another I'm holding on to that has lost similar value.

I'm honestly surprised more companies haven't gone out of business. How many people can there be buying new amps these days?

Ax-Fx II demand is high.... :snax:

(in before zent)

• Members
i know everyone here dislikes the place, but if I have something for sale, I list it at TGP, don't even bother listing it here.

I've had an amp up there for 2 weeks now with nary a bite.....even TGP is pretty dead right now.

Not that I mind having my Triwatt for a bit longer, but I'm thinking if I do off it, I'll build a DR504 clone later.....:D

• Members
I've had an amp up there for 2 weeks now with nary a bite.....even TGP is pretty dead right now.

Not that I mind having my Triwatt for a bit longer, but I'm thinking if I do off it, I'll build a DR504 clone later.....
:D

yes, slow even there, I've had a couple guitar parts for sale over there for about a month, one guy bought my tuners, then returned them, but he paid for my shipping to him so whatever.

• Members

Meh, I just got a brand new Fender Champion 600 for $117.00 out the door, and an Ear Candy 1x12 for $112 including shipping, but on the other hand I put up my Weber 123055 multiple times, lowering the price each time. Last time was $60 obo, and still got only one bite, and then the person never got back with me.

Now I think I'm just going to hang onto it, load it into the Ear Candy cab, and then pair the Wizard in there now with one of my EV12L's in my 2x12. I takez the good with the bad. :idk:

• Members

Time to bring back the art of the trade! When cash is short folks will still barter plus its under the radar for tax purposes.

I absolutely agree. I try to barter whenever I can. Goods are not always limited to be purchased by the almighty dollar.

• Members

I am not. Every time I try to sell something I get nothing but low ballers. Every time I try to buy something the seller is always asking $100 more than it's worth. I wont sit and argue price with someone either.

Yup. This summarizes my CL experience as of late as well..

I've been looking for a 4x12 cab, most likely a Mesa. So a guy puts one up for sale the other day. Asking 800! I emailed him and asked why someone would pay a hundred dollars less than new for a used cab, his response was, "If you know quality gear, you know this is a fair price."

I couldn't even respond to such retardation.

• Members

I listed a 6505+ on CL for $500 just because it was not being used. I had no offer better than $350 and wanted me to drive to Michigan (2 1/2 hour drive for me ). I quickly decided to keep it. Then some asshole continues to email me wanting to buy for $350 and when I tell him the amp is no longer on the market he accuses me of being a dealer trying to price gouge. He would not take no for an answer and I finally had to tell the guy that I would not sell the amp to him for my asking price because he was such an asshole.

Good god I hate CL.

• Members

I listed a 6505+ on CL for $500 just because it was not being used. I had no offer better than $350 and wanted me to drive to Michigan (2 1/2 hour drive for me ). I quickly decided to keep it. Then some asshole continues to email me wanting to buy for $350 and when I tell him the amp is no longer on the market he accuses me of being a dealer trying to price gouge. He would not take no for an answer and I finally had to tell the guy that I would not sell the amp to him for my asking price because he was such an asshole.

Good god I hate CL.

Should of told him you wouldn't sell it to him if he doubled your price because he was such an asshole... :) hehehe

• Members

Should of told him you wouldn't sell it to him if he doubled your price because he was such an asshole...
:)
hehehe

Nah, he should have told him he'd give it to him for free if he came over and licked his asshole clean. Then, once he was done told him, sorry but you missed a spot, no amp for you. :cop:

Archived