BS about Angus and Malcolm Young's Amps

LesPaulCustom79

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll bet you money that only one or two of those amps are being used at any given time, and the rest are backups.

There's plenty of touring guitarists that don't use amps at all, and run through modellers or speaker sims. Alex Lifeson plays arenas every day, and his H&K heads run through palmer speaker sims. Geddy doesn't even use amps, he's got a bunch of rotisserie ovens for his backline.

geddyleerushpic.jpg

• Members

People care about the early recorded tone. Part of their tone was also in the way they simultaneously pick and pluck..they don't just strum all the time.

They way the work together,,,complimenting the song. Not just playing the same thing....feel, touch.....yep

• Members

I think the avatar and moniker speak volumes about the OP to be honest.

It's like, putting the year of your guitar as a sort of focal point is a bit naff and that picture of a dog wearing, what can only presumably be Brett Hitman Hart's sunglasses, is pretty awful too.

My Samoyed-Wolf hybrid likes her sunglasses.....she says, "FU". By the way, the sunglasses were FREE from a well know Rum manfacturing corporation.

• Members

I think people are generally more concerned with what they used in the studio, especially on the early albums.

In interviews they have said that Malcolm used a 100 watt Marshall and Angus used a 50 watt Marshall.

Malcolm is quoted as saying his 1971 Marshall Super Bass 100 amp was his favorite to record through because of the extra bottom-end clarity, and Angus used a 1968 Marshall JTM45. Not sure if they use the same heads to record now or not. On Black Ice on several songs Malcolm used a direct software digital interface into the board.

• Members

This is my opinion......if you don't think Malcolm Young is a very good guitar player and excellent rock song writer.....you are some sort of imbecilic, moronic, tool. AC/DC with him is responsible for NINE (9) Multi-Platinum albums and NINE (9) Platinum albums. In other words, ALL 18 of AC/DC's studio recorded albums are Platinum (1 million in sales or more) or Multi-Platinum (2 million in sales or more). For example, Back in Black has sold 22 million copies or more in the United States alone and Highway to Hell has sold 7 million copies or more in the United States alone. He is responsible for 250+ million album/cd sales Worldwide and 75+ million album/cd sales within the United States alone. Most bands are extra lucky if they just have one single platinum album/cd.

• Members
This is my opinion......if you don't think Malcolm Young is a very good guitar player and excellent rock song writer.....you are some sort of imbecilic, moronic, tool. AC/DC with him is responsible for NINE (9) Multi-Platinum albums and NINE (9) Platinum albums. In other words, ALL 18 of AC/DC's studio recorded albums are Platinum (1 million in sales or more) or Multi-Platinum (2 million in sales or more). For example, Back in Black has sold 22 million copies or more in the United States alone and Highway to Hell has sold 7 million copies or more in the United States alone. He is responsible for 250+ million album/cd sales Worldwide and 75+ million album/cd sales within the United States alone. Most bands are extra lucky if they just have one single platinum album/cd.

Malcolm is a frenetic stage terrier and fun to watch for about one song (pick one), but his playing never really made it out of high school.

• Members

Man - I could get their tones with my Shiva at loud talking level and a mic sending it to the desk. Why would anyone want a whole wall of blasting Marshalls onstage these days. It doesn't make your cock bigger or anything, it just makes your ears old.

You are not playing 20,000 people arenas and 80,000 people stadiums. If you bring anything more than a 1/2 stack to a small to medium sized bar.....you are considered a tool now days.

Archived