NAD.....release the Beeeezzzz

mhenson42

• Members

Finally got me another 6505+

killer amp and a killer hook up price from Musicians Friend. People like to rip on them here, but they've always treated me well. :thu:

PA010003.jpg

.....and with that, I'm done buying amps......(for October)

Here's the complete amp set up....

PA010004.jpg

• Members

I got a 6505+ on Wednesday. I really like the crunch channel , but the lead is waaaay too bright for me. Even if I run the treble and presence completely off , it will stil cut your head off.

I don't find it overly bright at all and I hate really bright amps. When I had a 6505 and 6534+, I found them to be very bright. My cabs are pretty bright too (scumback Hs in there), so I usually run the presence/treble low.

• Members

6505+, the Crunch channel is where it's at. Great sounds in that one channel
:D

Lead channel is ok for leads, but yeah way too bright/buzzy. Crunch is great at least

This!

If you want leads...BEWST! and EQ in the LEWP!

• Members

Man. I checked the bias on it yesterday. It was at 9ma. lol. I maxed the bias pot and it got it to about 21ma. It sounds great as it is, but I'm wondering if I should have the bias pot swapped out for one with a bit more range. Anyone done the bias mod on the 6505+? Is it worth it?

• Members

Ive always replaced mine when i had my +'s its very easy just cut the factory resistor out and replace it with the proper range i put a 7k in there i think . I just sold my + and kept my 5150BL which i think needs the bias mod. I think anything over like 32ma the lowend tends to get mush i like mine around 28ma to 33ma but really don't here much of a deference other than a volume increase.

• Members

Ive always replaced mine when i had my +'s its very easy just cut the factory resistor out and replace it with the proper range i put a 7k in there i think . I just sold my + and kept my 5150BL which i think needs the bias mod. I think anything over like 32ma the lowend tends to get mush i like mine around 28ma to 33ma but really don't here much of a deference other than a volume increase.

Cool. Sounds like it might be worth doing.

Archived