Anybody excited about Forza 4?

theAntihero

• Members

It comes out in something like 10 days and havent seen a thread about it. The vids ive seen so far make it look fantastic! The ability to transfer some of your cars form Forza 3 is quite cool as well, although with Forza 4 not having Porsche im not sure i can transfer over my 250+mph 550 spyder or 914. Half the fun of these games for me is taking a car that isnt exactly a super car and shoving {censored}tons of power into it, like say 950+hp in a 240z or a vw Golf that can hit over 200mph.

Anyone else excited by this?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they nailed the Kinnect support, this will be awesome.

I cant really see how that would be cool. Even if the whole idea is to hold an imaginary steering wheel its not like it would have any feedback or anything.

I want to see what they did with teh whole salt flats thing though.

• Members

I preordered it when they announced the official release date. I also just got a PS3 and GT5 to practice some new tracks before it comes out. Just ordered a FF wheel for the PS3 as well, I hope it doesn't ruin the 360 experience for me. IMO Forza nails the feeling of driving much better with the gamepad than on PS3. Maybe cause the PS3 controller sucks ass... I dunno.

• Members

Well, I'd like to get it. I enjoy FM3 with a wheel quite a bit, but I hope I can at least transfer some of my tuned Porschen from FM3 to FM4. It'd be a damned shame to lose my sweet 944T or GT2. It looks like FM4 will at least have the RUF Porsches just not the actual Wulfsburg marque cars. I suppose I can live with that. I was hoping for a 917K to be honest (:mad:).

I'd love more actual real-world tracks, or point-to-point roads too.

• Members

They've added Hockenheim, Indy, Infineon Raceway, the Nurburgring GP track and the Top Gear Dunsfold track for FM4, along with the new virtual track "Bernese Alps". They had some youtube clips of the track rendering process... man it's pretty intense. They had a guy walk the entire left and right edge of each track with a sub-centimeter accurate GPS unit, multiple angles of video, and they took 10 thousand photos of the track to make sure their rendering was extremely accurate :thu:

[video=youtube;TMQzXvKVd3c]

• Members

Forza 3 and GT still have nothing on even an aged sim like GTR and for my money Shift 2 was is a much more challenging racing game.

Some people like having the option of 30,000 cars and 873 tracks and thats cool. I'd rather have just a handful and get good at them.

Archived