Anybody excited about Forza 4?

theAntihero

• Members

i cant wait for the H1 and the syclone and id give my left nut to have air cooled VWs in there. bug + karmann ghia. karmann ghias are the most beautiful car ever made. i cant wait to get my hands on one and make it look like it shouldve been a le mans racer from the 40s.

Gran Turismo 4 had the Ghia and the Beetle in it, i was hoping the trend would continue.

Im seriously going to build myself a Karmann Ghia here soon, i just read an article about a turbo 2387cc vw engine that made my Karmann gas go into overdrive, supposedly it has 400hp on pump gas. I want one and they can be had fairly cheap up here.

Another car i wish they had on Forza would be a Sterling Kit Car, ive always wanted to build one of those as well.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not that Porsche wasn't on board, it's that they {censored}ed up and gave an exclusive license to EA for using their cars. You may see some RUF and/or other Porsche tuner cars, but they can't use the "real thing" because EA wouldn't license them out.

There's also supposed to be another 40 DLC cars available at launch, plus apparently another Jalopnik car pack is in the works so you could see some cool stuff in that one.

Hopefully the DLC cars wont be too expensive, kind of a crappy move to make me buy more cars on the day of the launch.

I just wish they'd do more offbeat cars like a Pontiac Fiero or a BMW 507, or a Ford Falcon, half the fun is building a slow offbeat car into a fire breathing monster.

• Members

i needa few karmann ghias. {censored}in one i want to build like i said would be modeld after what it would look like if it raced in the le mans of the 40s or so, another one i want to build would be with a 7L corvette motor upfront transaxle in the back and retarded amounts of show and go.

• Members

Hopefully the DLC cars wont be too expensive, kind of a crappy move to make me buy more cars on the day of the launch.

I just wish they'd do more offbeat cars like a Pontiac Fiero or a BMW 507, or a
Ford Falcon
, half the fun is building a slow offbeat car into a fire breathing monster.

Well, they have supposedly put in five of the Ford V8 Supercars... which are sorta based on the modern Falcons (in a not-at-all kind of way). :o

• Members

So Bestbuy just SHIPPED it today... ground mail. Cocksmokers. Why preorder it if you have to wait a week after the release date to get it?
:mad:

Amazon.com bro. I pre-ordered mine on Sunday and got it today. .99 release day shipping, and a $10 promotional credit. Amazon.com is the shizzle for pre-orders.

• Members

Been playing it all afternoon/evening, fantastic graphics! Car selection is decent and hey its fun to drift a H1 Hummer at 100mph plus a fully upgraded 240z is over a 1000hp!

Havent had a chance to download all the extras yet, hopefully the Salt Flats are in there somewhere?

• Members

Amazon.com bro. I pre-ordered mine on Sunday and got it today. .99 release day shipping, and a $10 promotional credit. Amazon.com is the shizzle for pre-orders.

Last Amazon (amazon.ca though) pre-order I did showed up about two weeks after the release too. I did the BB one because supposedly you get the BMW 1M coupe. All that extra waiting for a stupid high C/low B class car I'll probably drive for 3 races and then forget about :mad:

In other news I got a Logitech driving force GT wheel for GT5 and I've been racing the Polyphony formula car and the Red Bull X2010 car... mother of god fast :o

[video=youtube;RJe-dYDptSs]

• Members

I'm still pissed that microsoft don't make the force feedback wheel anymore. I love a good racing game with the racing wheel but my old one broke and I can't find a replacement without going to that expensive porsche brand. Or the crappy madcatz or logitech one. I don't want to get a kinnect system without force feedback. So unless I find a good working used racing wheel, I won't be able to enjoy racing games again.
:mad:
How depressing.

I have a Madkatz wheel with force feedback. It's decent. The centering is actually better than expected. The pedals are quite good. The paddle shifters are flimsy but sensitive and work well. The 4-way (left thumb on the regular controller) is the center hub of the wheel. That 4-way is complete s*** which makes navigation hard, but doesn't affect racing one bit. Overall, it's OK. Used MS wheels are now all starting to die according to lots of user talk. I guess they're all just wearing out. Aside from the lousy 4-way controller, I like the Madkatz wheel.

• Members

No one around here carries any of the wheels.. Looks like Im going to have to order one. I played GT5 2.0 last night and Forza 4. Doing some comparing and contrasting. I still like GT5 physics better but man... Forza 4's graphics are {censored}ing awesome.. This is a pic I took of my RX7.

GetPhoto.ashx?id=78374&full=true

• Members

Couldn't care less. If I want to drive like an insane person at potentially life threatening speed, I'll do it on the highway like I always do.

I don't get car games, at all unless you under 16. They're nothing like actually driving, not even in the neighborhood of feeling realistic, suspension of disbelief goes straight out the window for me personally.

• Members

Couldn't care less. If I want to drive like an insane person at potentially life threatening speed, I'll do it on the highway like I always do.

I don't get car games, at all unless you under 16. They're nothing like actually driving, not even in the neighborhood of feeling realistic, suspension of disbelief goes straight out the window for me personally.

And playing Call of Duty is nothing like being in a real war.. Playing Street Fighter is nothing like being in a real fight. Playing Ace Combat is nothing like being in a real air plane. Playing Hitman is nothing like being a real hitman. Playing Grand Theft Auto is nothing like being a real criminal. Playing Bully is nothing like being a real bully. Playing Mario is nothing like being a real plumber. Playing Cooking Mama is nothing like cooking. Playing NFL 2K12 is nothing like playing real football. Playing Fight Night is nothing like being a real boxer. If you arent doing the REAL thing its not going to feel REAL... Thats the {censored}ed up thing about reality....

• Members

First think I did in Forza 4 was take the Kia Ceed out to the Top Gear track.

Got my "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" achievement!!!

I'm such a Top Gear fanboy....
:lol:

If I get Forza 4, I'm ONLY racing on the Top Gear track. Doing Jeremy Clarkson narration the entire time.

Archived