N.A.D. Mesa Stiletto Deuce Stage II

EricJohn

• Members

Extra special thanks to fellow forumite Mikenothing (Miguel) on trading with me. We traded Boogie heads; gave him the Dual Rectifier I'd been playing and just wasn't happy with the sound.

LOVE the Stiletto. I kinda view it as 2 amp heads in one; one a classic Marshall JMP amp and the other a full-on-hot-rodded JCM 800 in full glory. LOVE the midrange cut, the 50/100 watt power switching options, the nice compact footswitch and the much-easier-to-use equalizer.

• Members

I just bought a Deuce stage 2 on ebay. Cant wait to get it. How do you like the clean tones?

I actually think the clean tones are amazing. When I was dialing the knobs in yesterday and had the Les Paul on the neck pickup, I was thinking that you could totally do a jazz gig on that clean channel. Love the "fat clean" setting when using the Telecaster. Really fattens it up.

• Members

I have always wondered about the Series II. I remember trying the original when it first came out and hating it. I hear the II was much improved on the high gain side...

Never had the chance to use the Deuce or Trident Stage I but had the chance to use the Stiletto Ace. I find the tone of the Stage II to be a little smoother.

• Members

Never had the chance to use the Deuce or Trident Stage I but had the chance to use the Stiletto Ace. I find the tone of the Stage II to be a little smoother.

Just an FYI, all Aces are Stage II. The difference you're hearing, as I understand it, is the different output transformer on the Ace. I have the Ace and I love it. Excellent choice. HNAD!

• Members

LOVE those amps. If I could change one thing about that amp , it would be that they are awfully bright. The tone is absolutely killer though. Definitely like a smoother , hotter JCM 800. Congrats!!

They are bright, that's for sure. I found I had to turn the presence, treble and tone knob on the guitar down to get it from sounding so piercing.

Archived