what we pay...

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

for guitar {censored} is kind of retarded.

pickup set $200-$300? you can get a 32" LCD HDTV for that. what. the. {censored}.

how is an xbox cheaper than some wire wrapped around some poles? seriously?

an iphone is arguably the pinnacle of man's technical evolution. cheaper than a set of warpigs.

they are magnets. why do we shell out so much money for awesomeness?

(:cry: i just want some warpig ceramics)

• Members

Greedy corporations sitting in their corporation buildings, acting all, uh, corporationy, and they make money.

Buy some Dragonfire pickups, crank the gain on your amp as high as it will go, hit it with 3 or 4 stomp boxes, drink a 12 pack, and then try to convince yourself you can hear a difference between them and the Warpigs...'cos no one else in the club will be able to :).

• Members

pickup set $200-$300? you can get a 32" LCD HDTV for that. what. the. {censored}.

an iphone is arguably the pinnacle of man's technical evolution. cheaper than a set of warpigs.

(
:cry:
i just want some warpig ceramics)

Buy them used i just sold my WarPig ceramic for $100 bucks.

• Members

Xbox is sponsored because the actual profit is made on games, not hardware.

On the other hand you can get a decent guitar for 399$ these days, try that 20 years ago, you would have a piece of plywood with strings on it.

It's always exponentially more expensive to go for top quality product, which BKP is. You can buy other pickups on ebay for Us$ 4,99.

You can also buy original Gibson 1959 PAFs for 15,000 US$

So, it doesn't mean what kind of parts are in something, but what kind of value something means to the buyer. If I can make my 2,000 US$ guitar from really good to AWESOME with a 200 US$ investment, why would I not invest a 10% upcharge to get 30% better tone?

But it is subjective, which is why not everybody is buying BKPs. Or also the reason why other pickup manufacturers have models for 59US$ as well as models for 259 US$, they just wanna make sure they get the money from every individual.

• Members

What is really crazy I think is if in the 50's somebody had a modeling amp with fx it would blow some of those players minds what it could do. It would have been worth SERIOUS bucks compared to normal tube amps, but now its the 50's amps that go for super high prices :lol:.

• Members

(
:cry:
i just want some warpig ceramics)

you can buy a set of Chinese HBs for $30.

• Members

What is really crazy I think is if in the 50's somebody had a modeling amp with fx it would blow some of those players minds what it could do. It would have been worth SERIOUS bucks compared to normal tube amps, but now its the 50's amps that go for super high prices
:lol:

Who would need a modeling amp in the 50's? Modeling what amps? Most were not invented yet. Besides, the sound from a modeling amp would have been called thin in the 50's too :cop:

• Members

Its because the gear page exists. Its so people can talk about the differences between 5000 and 6000 winds or alnico 4 or alnico 5. This is of course the differences that those dudes hear after going through a few pedals and into an amp while playing Freebird. So its basically masturbation to avoid actually writing music.

Archived