so Im watching a friend of mine play with HD147...

guitarbilly74

• Members

I often wonder how many "it sounded like {censored}" and "it can't cut through the mix" problems are user error, rather than an issue with the amp itself.

I never owned one, but I've messed around with several of them over the years. Way easier to dial in a usable tone than a Vetta; I'd buy one, especially at the price they go for these days. At least, I would if there weren't so many other things on my list.

• Members

I often wonder how many "it sounded like {censored}" and "it can't cut through the mix" problems are user error, rather than an issue with the amp itself.

I never owned one, but I've messed around with several of them over the years. Way easier to dial in a usable tone than a Vetta; I'd buy one, especially at the price they go for these days. At least, I would if there weren't so many other things on my list.

Usually I agree..but regarding that amp..I'd say most of it isn't.

• Members

cool amp, is what it is!

Really, theres some quirky things to watch out for.
for for the life of me I've never figured out why.. but if you try altering the presets it gets all kinds of {censored}ed up
Best start with none of the 4 channel lights on (manual mode or something) and get a tone then store, but don't try and just tweak an already preset tone it sort of does strange things, like it's lost it's mapping :confused: or something :confused:, or maybe I have.. it's nuts/I'm nuts :idea:
Knobs can move mid song aswell, i just put some blu-tac on each knob, which is annoying but wtf it's a tool !!

I get the hate it's a line6 thing, but take the advice above and get a bargain :thu:

• Members

5150 model is there, "criminal" I think it's called.

I've messed with a vetta combo and prefered it though, maybe due to the speakers being spot on.

You are right, it is after the fender models...what the {censored} is it doing there and not afterwards with the metal ones? ha ha.

• Members

The only problem with HD147 is the fact that folks made patches at far lower volumes than at which the patch would be played, that was the only problem with the amp not sitting in the band mix.

Oh yeah, and the fact that TOO MANY PEOPLE think it is the eyes that should craft an EQ setting.

If you can't make an HD147 or Vetta sound amazing, there are a few Gorilla amps that are waiting for you to bring the brootz.

Derek

• Members

The only problem with HD147 is the fact that folks made patches at far lower volumes than at which the patch would be played, that was the only problem with the amp not sitting in the band mix.

Oh yeah, and the fact that TOO MANY PEOPLE think it is the eyes that should craft an EQ setting.

If you can't make an HD147 or Vetta sound amazing, there are a few Gorilla amps that are waiting for you to bring the brootz.

Derek

..That being said. Where are your amazing HD147 clips?

Archived