I'm new the to Keurig brewers

Mavesicles

• Members

You have to grind beans, and portion it out into the filter, then when it's over, you have to empty and
clean
the filter.

That's a lot of work when the disposable cups taste just as good.

Or you can buy the big tins of ground coffee, like Folgers, and put two table spoons in like it says on the box.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

weird, bc same here??
:idk:
:idk:

189IQ

MAKE $456,000 YEAR

BENCH 459LBS 30 REPS

KEURIG SUXX EVEN THO NEVER OWN'D

POAST ON MAPZ

it's not surprising the concept/reason behind the Keurig is over the head of the vast majority of this thread's posters, either!!
:idea:
:idea:

You make 456K/year? :eek:

No wonder you can afford K Cups.

• Members

I like the Clever Coffee Dripper if I am brewing a single cup. It's cost $15 dollars, takes a #4 filter and whatever good coffee I want to use. It more or combines the best part of a French press (the immersion) with the best part of drip/pour over coffee (smoothness). Otherwise I use a large french press for my wife and I. Then again I also buy small batch custom roasted beans from a local roaster. It turns out coffee can be as snobbish and GAS inducing as gear...

http://www.baristalab.com/clever-coffee-dripper.html

• Members

anyone tried the apple cider k-cups?

nice on a winter day.

Anyway - I have a running 'discussion' going with one of my co-workers who has a k-cup machine.

I say that it is instant coffee - since the machine pokes a hole in the top AND bottom of the k-cup, and after brewing, part of the 'grounds' are gone.

I assume they dissolved, and went into the cup, since there is no filter, and there is a HOLE in the bottom of teh k-cup.

I have yet to take a k-cup, open it, and put some into a cup with hot water to see if it dissolves.....

what say you HCAF?

• Members

anyone tried the apple cider k-cups?

nice on a winter day.

Anyway - I have a running 'discussion' going with one of my co-workers who has a k-cup machine.

I say that it is instant coffee - since the machine pokes a hole in the top AND bottom of the k-cup, and after brewing, part of the 'grounds' are gone.

I assume they dissolved, and went into the cup, since there is no filter, and there is a HOLE in the bottom of teh k-cup.

I have yet to take a k-cup, open it, and put some into a cup with hot water to see if it dissolves.....

what say you HCAF?

There's a filter inside the "cup"

You're wrong.

• Members

We brew real coffee for the day but had a Keurig for evening and afternoon "quickie" cups of coffee. Problem was ALL the K-Cups sucked almost as bad as Starbucks coffee (and Dunkin hadn't yet put out K-cups). So we sold the Keurig and got an Alterra Flavia instead. Coffee's STILL not as good as the home-brew, but is far, FAR better than Keurig...and the Dove Hot Chocolate is light years better than any K-cup cocoa.

You CAN use your own coffee with a Keurig. There are two gadgets, one by Keurig, and an aftermarket. The Keurig is terrible. It drips and leaks and your coffee is NEVER as good as proper drip coffee. I don't know about the other, but I hope it's better.

• Members

The only good thing about the Keurig is that it's fast. There is no other reason to own one.

Fresh ground (grinding right before brewing of course) is always going to win out for me over those overpriced k cups.

I need to get the one my cousin has, pour in beans and water and let it do everything else for you... {censored}ing $300 though.

• Members

meh....they're alright...

IMG_0228.jpg

Man, talk about a @##$ of waist just for a cup of coffee. This product should be taxed to the max for environmental impact.

On top of it the coffee is terrible and a lot more expensive. Made for lazy people with no taste who like stuff like peppermint coffee!

• Members

What if the companies making the cartridges or what have you decide that not enough people are buying them and they become hard to find? Congrats, you've got an almost useless lump of plastic and metal sitting on your counter top.

My biggest gripe is how much waste plastic those things generate. Call me a tree-hugger, but you're consuming one of those plastic cups every time you have a cup of coffee.

Archived