I'm new the to Keurig brewers

Mavesicles

• Members

What if the companies making the cartridges or what have you decide that not enough people are buying them and they become hard to find? Congrats, you've got an almost useless lump of plastic and metal sitting on your counter top.

My biggest gripe is how much waste plastic those things generate. Call me a tree-hugger, but you're consuming one of those plastic cups every time you have a cup of coffee, and a lot of those will probably end up in land fills.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Man, talk about a @##$ of waist just for a cup of coffee. This product should be taxed to the max for environmental impact.

On top of it the coffee is terrible and a lot more expensive. Made for lazy people with no taste who like stuff like peppermint coffee!

I'm not even gonna start with your spelling and grammatical errors...:cop:

I drink maybe, MAYBE, 3 cups of coffee a week, and a MAXIMUM of one at a time. One of those boxes will last me approx 2 months.

The coffee is NOT terrible and expensive...unless you drink TOO MUCH COFFEE and are brewing/drinking a pot of coffee every day.

I'm not that dependent upon caffeine...I just like one now and then...and for that, the Keurig is {censored}ing perfection. :thu:

Y U mad tho?

• Members

anyone tried the apple cider k-cups?

nice on a winter day.

Anyway - I have a running 'discussion' going with one of my co-workers who has a k-cup machine.

I say that it is instant coffee - since the machine pokes a hole in the top AND bottom of the k-cup, and after brewing, part of the 'grounds' are gone.

I assume they dissolved, and went into the cup, since there is no filter, and there is a HOLE in the bottom of teh k-cup.

I have yet to take a k-cup, open it, and put some into a cup with hot water to see if it dissolves.....

what say you HCAF?

You're wrong. Definitely not instant.

• Members

I'm not even gonna start with your spelling and grammatical errors...
:cop:

I drink maybe, MAYBE, 3 cups of coffee a week, and a MAXIMUM of one at a time. One of those boxes will last me approx 2 months.

The coffee is NOT terrible and expensive...unless you drink TOO MUCH COFFEE and are brewing/drinking a pot of coffee every day.

I'm not that dependent upon caffeine...I just like one now and then...and for that, the Keurig is {censored}ing perfection.
:thu:

Y U mad tho?

Other than the crap about someone's grammar, you simply have different priorities. I'll bet you put cream and sugar in your coffee that you drink 3x/week. That makes it a dessert treat for you.

Nothing wrong with that and have not criticism of that.. But I drink coffee everyday, and drink it black, unsweetened, because that's how I like it. I don't like cream and sugar in coffee, unless it's hazelnut or another flavored coffee--and I don't go for them often either.

We had a Keurig and the coffee always tasted burnt and harsh, regardless of the K-cup. Our own regular coffee, that we grind, is much smoother, and never tastes burnt. We gave up on it and switched to Flavia for our "instant" coffee. It's STILL not as good as our own but better than the Keurig, and both are better than instant.

But if the Keurig is all you need, and for many people it is, all power to you and enjoy!

• Members

Other than the crap about someone's grammar, you simply have different priorities. I'll bet you put cream and sugar in your coffee that you drink 3x/week. That makes it a dessert treat for you.

Nothing wrong with that and have not criticism of that.. But I drink coffee everyday, and drink it black, unsweetened, because that's how I like it. I don't like cream and sugar in coffee, unless it's hazelnut or another flavored coffee--and I don't go for them often either.

We had a Keurig and the coffee always tasted burnt and harsh, regardless of the K-cup. Our own regular coffee, that we grind, is much smoother, and never tastes burnt. We gave up on it and switched to Flavia for our "instant" coffee. It's STILL not as good as our own but better than the Keurig, and both are better than instant.

But if the Keurig is all you need, and for many people it is, all power to you and enjoy!

• Members

I'm not even gonna start with your spelling and grammatical errors...
:cop:

I'm not that dependent upon caffeine...I just like one now and then...and for that, the Keurig is {censored}ing perfection.

Y U mad tho?

Well English is not my first language. Yes the coffee is bad, you obviously have no taste...is it spelled right?

Man, buy instant, at least you wont be throwing away all this packaging {censored} each time you have a cup.

Or maybe try some good coffee, buy a french press for a quarter of the price of the Keurig machineand some coffee at half the price and enjoy the real thing. Oh, but i forgot, it would need an effort..

• Members

What if the companies making the cartridges or what have you decide that not enough people are buying them and they become hard to find? Congrats, you've got an almost useless lump of plastic and metal sitting on your counter top.

My biggest gripe is how much waste plastic those things generate. Call me a tree-hugger, but you're consuming one of those plastic cups every time you have a cup of coffee, and a lot of those will probably end up in land fills.

+10000

• Members

What if the companies making the cartridges or what have you decide that not enough people are buying them and they become hard to find?
Congrats, you've got an almost useless lump of plastic and metal sitting on your counter top.

Google "My K Cup".

• Members

Like calling a Marshall AVT a real Marshall, Epiphone a real Gibson, Squier a real fender....etc. For a real coffee lover, this things are just cheap mass consumption machines withe poor bean quality, and taste like {censored}. I guess I am pretty hardcore since I work in this industry for a living. I set up, train and repair high end Espresso and coffee machines for a living. I guess you could use the small portafilter, grind your own beans , and make that single cup of coffee. Only way it would be decent.

Archived