I'm new the to Keurig brewers

Mavesicles

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

really, a coffee maker would make me a hipster? :lol:

might have to get one then just on principle :o

all I know is there's a guy at work that goes on and on about it tasting better than anything else he's tried and the simplicity of it does have some appeal, unlike those keurigs :poke:

• Members

that's all I needed to hear, I'm too lazy for that, guess I'll stay with my instant
:lol:

I mean, it's not THAT bad, but I hope you have a garden into which you can toss the spent grounds.

Otherwise, you can rinse it a few times between washings without ill effects.

But, still...........The Keurig pwns when it comes to the convenience factor.

• Members

I love my Keurig too. I usually use the filter and use my own coffee, but the K-cups are decent and they stay fresh a long time.

The best thing about it for me is how hot the coffee is. Most of the drip brewers I need to microwave the coffee just to get it hot enough to taste good. It's also nice to be able to make one cup if that's all you want to drink. Most of the drip brewers don't taste that good unless you make a reasonably full pot.

I don't understand the comment about the filter being a PITA, You just put your coffee in it, put it in the machine and press the brew button. Nothing to it. I don't see it as a fad either. It's a really useful brewer that makes a really good tasting cup of coffee.

• Members

We bought one last year but took it back because all the flavors we tried were too weak. Then we tried a Tassimo - also too weak. Finally we got another Keurig and sought out the strongest flavors we could find and found a few good ones - I'm living with it now.

The coffee from a regular brewer is better, but my wife and I are on different schedules, so we had to have two coffee makers so we could both have fresh brewed coffee in the morning. The filling and clean-up of two coffee makers was a PITA. The convenience of the Keurig rules.

My faves are the Starbucks Sumatra and Emeril's Big Easy bold.

• Members

I love my Keurig too. I usually use the filter and use my own coffee, but the K-cups are decent and they stay fresh a long time.

The best thing about it for me is how hot the coffee is. Most of the drip brewers I need to microwave the coffee just to get it hot enough to taste good. It's also nice to be able to make one cup if that's all you want to drink. Most of the drip brewers don't taste that good unless you make a reasonably full pot.

I don't understand the comment about the filter being a PITA,
You just put your coffee in it, put it in the machine and press the brew button. Nothing to it. I don't see it as a fad either. It's a really useful brewer that makes a really good tasting cup of coffee.

You have to grind beans, and portion it out into the filter, then when it's over, you have to empty and clean the filter.

That's a lot of work when the disposable cups taste just as good.

• Members

Emeril's Big Easy bold.

having that now. It's good. Again, I have the Cuisinart K-Cup brewer... It seems to make a good strong coffe at its default 8oz setting. It takes 5 cup sizes, but any of the bigger sizes over 8 oz would result in weak coffee.

• Members

You have to grind beans, and portion it out into the filter, then when it's over, you have to empty and
clean
the filter.

That's a lot of work when the disposable cups taste just as good.

Grinding beans - push button on grinder, wait 30 seconds.

Portion into filter - pour grinds out of grinder into filter till filter is full - 10 seconds

Empty filter - hold over trash can, tap side with finger - 10 seconds

Clean filter - run under kitchen tap - 10 seconds.

I guess we have differing definitions of a lot of work.

• Members

Grinding beans - push button on grinder, wait 30 seconds.

Portion into filter - pour grinds out of grinder into filter till filter is full - 10 seconds

Empty filter - hold over trash can, tap side with finger - 10 seconds

Clean filter - run under kitchen tap - 10 seconds.

I guess we have differing definitions of a lot of work.

Why are you fighting me?

I'm not feeling work today, and now this.

I guess I didn't find a huge taste advantage using better beans with the Filter. The inherent limitations of the keurig process, while convenient, didn't fully take advantage of my corksniffey beans.

I'm fine with the {censored}ING DISPOSABLE CUPS! :mad:

Happy?

• Members

we've got one of those things at our office, my dad loves them too. I'm not totally fond of it. It's a neat little thing but I drink coffee in 24oz containers (mix of coffee with a little milk and chocolate protein powder) and the keurig doesn't brew enough coffee to fill my jug before work and brewing a 2nd time with the same cup is watered down.

I use this cuisinart

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DGB-600BC-Grind-Brushed-Chrome/dp/B00006F2MI/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

I've had it for the last 3 years now and use it every day. Pour a little cup of beans in the grinder. As it grinds them, they pour down into the filter cup and then it brews the coffee for you. I have it set so that if I put the beans/water in it before bed, it makes the coffee while I'm getting ready for work so I just pour it and go.

The carafe they use for it possesses some wizardry that can keep the coffee hot for over 10 hours. There are some days I'll come home from work and need a quick pick me up before the gym so I'll pour a small cup and it's still steaming hot.

• Members

Odd, I'm having good coffee from one right now

weird, bc same here?? :idk: :idk:

189IQ

MAKE $456,000 YEAR

BENCH 459LBS 30 REPS

KEURIG SUXX EVEN THO NEVER OWN'D

POAST ON MAPZ

it's not surprising the concept/reason behind the Keurig is over the head of the vast majority of this thread's posters, either!! :idea: :idea:

• Members

weird, bc same here??
:idk:
:idk:

189IQ

MAKE $456,000 YEAR

BENCH 459LBS 30 REPS

KEURIG SUXX EVEN THO NEVER OWN'D

POAST ON MAPZ

it's not surprising the concept/reason behind the Keurig is over the head of the vast majority of this thread's posters, either!!
:idea:
:idea:

Bro...only 456k a year bro? Double that and that's where I'm at bro...

30 reps of 459? Weak bro...45 and I'm not even breaking a sweat bro.

Lame bro...real lame...

• Members

Bro...only 456k a year bro? Double that and that's where I'm at bro...

30 reps of 459? Weak bro...45 and I'm not even breaking a sweat bro.

Lame bro...real lame...

bro, i been letting the benches slack a little bro, so yeah, you can C@MB w/ that stuff brah :cry:

however, i've been killing the BroCepts a lot more recently and am up to about 155lbs dumbbells and do about 8 sets of 50 reps every hour- usually while i'm just sitting here at work, buying some HiTop Nikes to creep in brah :cool:

also, that figure is post-tax, but yeah i been lettin' the earnings slide this year brah........ :cry:

• Members

bro, i been letting the benches slack a little bro, so yeah, you can C@MB w/ that stuff brah
:cry:

however, i've been killing the BroCepts a lot more recently and am up to about 155lbs dumbbells and do about 8 sets of 50 reps every hour- usually while i'm just sitting here at work, buying some HiTop Nikes to creep in brah
:cool:

also, that figure is post-tax, but yeah i been lettin' the earnings slide this year brah........
:cry:

:lol::rawk:

BTW, the Free Keurig machine at my last job is actually what got me started drinking coffee :) I like it...And there is a VERY good hot chocolate K-Cup that I can't remember the name of right now that is amazing.

• Members

:lol::rawk:

BTW, the Free Keurig machine at my last job is actually what got me started drinking coffee
:)
I like it...And there is a VERY good hot chocolate K-Cup that I can't remember the name of right now that is amazing.

My old job had a Flavia machine, which is what got me into the Keurig stuff. Again, the Keurig is awesome for what it does- when you need an {censored}ing goddamm cup of coffee, and that's it. I'm waiting for the "mini" ones to go on sale sometime so I can buy one for my desk.

There's some great hot chocolate ones, as well as hot teas. I'm not a big hot tea person, but it's actually a nice alternative to coffee when I need to stay up late studying. :)

Archived