I'm new the to Keurig brewers

Mavesicles

• Members

I love my Keurig been using it for almost 2 years. Ive tried most of the k-cups avalible which are costly but cheaper than buying it through a drive through. I would suggest this http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&gs_upl=32l8997l0l9120l14l14l0l0l0l0l338l3363l0.1.7.4l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&ion=1&biw=1920&bih=1073&q=k-cup+reusable&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13849239709381476410&sa=X&ei=_av7TtrEHbK60QH03KzGCA&ved=0CIkBEPMCMAE

Its allot cheaper to use than the k-cups. The key to getting good coffee with it is to grind your beans to a Turkish grind or as fine as possible if you use a normal grind it won't work when i first got mine the coffee was way to weak so i opened a k-cup and notice that they are ground super fine. I'm using Starbucks Italian blend and its better than most of the k-cups i have tried. I also use it to heat the water up for tea works great...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great purchase! :thu:

Keurig's the reason I finally drink coffee. They had a booth in front of my store every weekend before Christmas, and I love the idea.

I befriended one of the workers there, and they were supposed to give me one of the machines, but one of the workers had already put the unit away! :mad:

I remembered liking the French Vanilla and Hazelnut. Black only, no creamer or sweetener.

• Members

I just picked up a Keurig myself. So far Im a fan, I sort of wish the smaller models had adjustable temperature controls. That coffee is {censored}ing hot when it comes out of that machine! :eek:

But in terms of the cups, I really like the Dark Magic and the Jamaican Me Crazy ones. Tasty tasty!

• Members

I just picked up a Keurig myself. So far Im a fan, I sort of wish the smaller models had adjustable temperature controls. That coffee is {censored}ing hot when it comes out of that machine!
:eek:

But in terms of the cups, I really like the Dark Magic and the Jamaican Me Crazy ones. Tasty tasty!

Apparently they all brew at 89 degrees celsius. The temperature options are just to lower temperature.

I don't mind it being that hot because I add a tad bit of milk which makes it pretty comfortable to drink. Drinking it black on the other hand, you'd have to let it cool first.

• Members

Not quite the same, but I bought a Tassimo today, regular price was $160 and I got it for $40 (new) so I couldn't pass it up. Apparently the Tassimo is better for fancier stuff which I don't bother with, and Keurig is the better straight up coffee brewer but so far the Tassimo coffee has been pretty decent.

• Members

I'll see you {censored}ers when 2012 hits and I'm drinking squirrel blood warmed over a fire I made with a stick and the sheer will to survive....then we shall see how well your one cub brewer prepared you for real life.

I don't drink coffee when I awake, I punch myself in the face then do dick pushups to failure. That's right. Dick pushups. TO FAILURE.

Also, I'm drunk. As in right now I'm dreeeunk.

• Members

oh, god yes. maves is right

edit: i dont even own a computer. i own a coffee maker. it is a mr. coffee standard from3 like 1977. it works, but only in the most basic sense.

I have a Cuisinart but my wife gets pissed when I say that coffeemaker is no better than a cheap Proctor Silex/Mr Coffee.

We've had Krups too. I liked it, but yea I too don't see the big fuss over Keurig.

Want good coffee? buy a restaurant style Bunn. My sister has one and its always good. Thing is like 15 years old. Brews a whole pot in 2 minutes.

Archived