Sold furniture drama!!! Opinions needed.

Tone Monster

• Members

Ok, sold some furniture. The people had a company come pick up the furniture for them. Check cleared, end of transaction, right? WRONG. Bitch texts me today saying instead of $100 cost to move the stuff they charged her $200 to disassemble AND move the stuff. Then she says I need to go to the store and pay the $100 disassembly fee. No stipulations were made before the sale, and no moving fees were discussed. What say you HCAF. Do I owe the disassembly fee?

• Members

If this was one of those craigslist-type transactions (and you're not in the business of selling furniture) then you probably don't owe her any money. I assume the transaction went something like this:

You: I am selling this furniture *points to it or provides picture of it fully assembled. I am not going to deliver it so you have to pick it up or have someone do it for you.

Her: Ok, I'll buy it and send a moving company to get it.

You: Ok, great.

If the transaction went anything like the above then you don't owe her anything.

• Members

If no arrangements were set for the moving of the furniture then that's her problem how they get it to their home. I'd just text her back and tell her it's not your problem about the moving fees since those fees are between her and the moving company and not something you had anything to do with. She should have made sure of the price before having the company move the furniture.

• Members

If it had been discussed and they'd asked you to disassemble the furniture as it would cost them a lot more for the moving guys to do it, and you had agreed... and then didn't do it. Yeah, maybe they'd have a reason to want you to pay that cost.

If nothing like that was discussed and it was just a plain, "You buy it, you move it," type thing... you don't owe {censored}. And the person is also a cuntycunt for trying to make you pay for it. :idk: You don't go back afterwards and try change the agreement or add conditions. {censored} 'em.

• Members

That doesn't even make sense, does she want you to pay for her gas too? Like someone said, tell her to suck 11 dicks. Seriously, I want you to text her that and then post a picture of her response. This would make all of our days, thank you.

Archived