What's new in your rig??

Curtis.Fagan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to have this guitar. I should have kept it, it was a great sounding and playing guitar.

This is actually my second one because I felt exactly the same way! Of course, the first one cost me $250 which I flipped for $300 and this one I bought for only $160. :thu:

• Members

I guess the Tremoverb is new...but I'm selling it right now to fund something else...something golden...with a diamond on it. :facepalm:

Aside from that, nothing else is new. This summer, I hope to build either a JCM800 or just get a Chupacabra. I've been itching for one for a while now.

• Members

Thos little Yamaha's are KILLER guitars! They are total sleeprs and often play really well. How much was the damage on it?

-Curtis

If you mean price, it was $160. :eek: Awesome deal. I did need to replace the 3-way switch but that is very typical of the RGX620 guitars. If you mean physical damage, just two small dings on the back and no whammy bar.

• Members
If you mean price, it was $160.
:eek:
Awesome deal. I did need to replace the 3-way switch but that is very typical of the RGX620 guitars. If you mean physical damage, just two small dings on the back and no whammy bar.

Very nice all around! I've played a couple, and they can be hit and miss, but when they play nice, they play really nice for the price :) Reminds me of old Samicks and such, just super strat steez!

-Curtis

• Members

I had some leftover sam ass store credit and picked up a ZW wah around the one week mark of last tour. It's pretty sweet.

A little more "vocal" of a wah than I like (I tend to like more subtle/wide sweeps) but it's doing the job for the moment.

Other than that, business as usual.

• Members

Honestly, no real new gear since I got my g system a few years ago. Been using my xtc classic and v30 bogner 4X12 with the g system (just in the loop these days as not using any pedals either right now). Been just bringing out my 335 and either V or LP as backup as it's less OCD/panic-induced worrying about my strat at gigs this way, lol. Probably gonna bring the strat out next time though ;)

edit: actually realized I just bought a sustain pedal for my keyboard and a music stand recently, though that doesn't really count :p

• Members

The Fulltone Plimsoul. By far the finest overdrive I've ever had my hands on. Amazing how many little nuances and harmonics it can reproduce. Matches my Gem I like a dream.

and....

The MXR/CAE MC404 wah......really the perfect wah imo. Tweakable as all hell for a wah, and sounds amazing.

• Members
Marshall AVT150, Mesa Recto (in sig lol), H&K cab with V'30s and G12-75's. Thats about it. Oh my buddy just gave me this killer Martin acoustic. Cheers, Lucius

1326230039.jpg

How are you liking the AVT after a few days?

Newest thing in my rig is the EC-1000 with EMG 81/85. Or my Jet City, got them within a month of eachother and don't remember which was first.

• Members

The Fulltone Plimsoul. By far the finest overdrive I've ever had my hands on. Amazing how many little nuances and harmonics it can reproduce. Matches my Gem I like a dream.

Heard nothing but good things about these. Love the OCD but really want to give the Plimsoul a whirl.

• Members

Not much... Dr Z Carmen Ghia 2x10 combo, Neunaber Wet Reverb, Wampler Ecstasy Drive (on all the time for more 'pop' with the cleans), Zendrive Clone, Lovepedal Super Lead, Barber LTD SR clean/lead boost, TC Electronics Poly Tune.

All that's changed from last year is the Zendrive Clone and the Super Lead replaced a Direct Drive. Also have a Klon clone that I've been playing with... not quite sure what I think so far.

I'll probably swap out one of the Dr Z 10"s speakers for a 10" Weber Blue Pup to get a little more chime and I might pick up a Sweet Honey or Honeybee clone but other than that, I'm pretty set.

• Members
Purchased some tubes from Doug for both the Laney VH100R and the Peters.

Peters Hydra will be getting an official wooden head shell again next check. Tired of the mega rack when a wood head shell would just look cooler. Both in the same shell or maybe one each?

Purchased a new 412 from fellow forumite. H&K vortex with Rockdriver Juniors, surprisingly good speakers too.

New strings on the guit fiddle, new patch cables, new jam space and possibly new band.

What's new and exciting in your rig HCAF?

-Curtis

I forgot you had a VH100R, too, and I don't think I've ever heard a bad clip of an amp by Peters. I hope the tube swaps and headshell as well as jam space and band turn out awesome. :cool:

• Members

I've been pretty much neutered ever since the wife and I had our little boy and bought our first house. But I scrimped and by putting aside a few bucks here and there I was able to fund a Dunlop rack mount wah, Eventide PowerFactor, and a TimeFactor. I'm still fiddling around with the center freq and the sweep on the wah - so many options that I'm not sure what I like best yet.

• Members

I have become a complete and total whore. :facepalm:

In the last couple of months I've added a:

Peavey VTM

Acoustic Controls Corp 150

Stomp Under Foot Civil War

EQD Monarch (sitting in box unloved cause life is unfair *first world problems* )

traded my Peavey Tracer for a Classic Vibe Telecaster

got my Triumph fixed up and retubed and bought a footswitch for it from Voodooman switches :facepalm: It shipped yesterday after my order & payment on Dec. 23. :mad: *sigh*

Umm....probably more cause I've had issues lately. :lol:

Glad to see ya post Curtis!

Archived