obama

newholland

• Members

I'm amazed that so many musicians on HCAF think Obama is a failure.

I thought that almost all musicians were hard core liberals.

My mistake. And thank goodness.
:)

I doubt it's the first time that a sweeping generalization turned out to be not so accurate.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great Speaker, {censored}ty motivator, horrible at working across party lines. Hillary would have been 10x more presidential !

Voters, like consumers, are suckers for hype, trends, and other bull{censored}.

Obama is good at passing the buck.. Put it on my desk and I'll sign it.... yeah sure it's that easy if YOU don't have to compromise your ideals/goals/agenda. What about other members and their constituency?

Compare his speeches to that of Clinton or Reagan. Big differences. Not teh best orators, but they knew how to get {censored} done.

You can have the best speaking ability but if you cannot motivate or cross party lines, WTF is so good about "seeming" like you are presidential.

Case of talk the talk, and no walk the walk.

I'm sorry, but Obama has got a lot done. You can say you don't like his policies, but saying he is a do nothing is incorrect.

• Members

Meh.. I still think Obama is the best candidate in a long time. I know several people will disagree, but it REALLY seems like the republican's entire agenda was based on making Obama look bad vs the interest of Americans. Obama did some unpopular things, made some mistakes, but in the end he really meant well. He wants people to put their heads together to make things happen, but then they just want to shoot all his efforts down and lower Obama's approval rating instead of proposing solutions.

Whatever.. Obama seems genuine to me, haven't heard the others enough to make up my mind on them.. Romney seems popular, but to me he looks more superficial than anything..

Pubs have had a slight majority for what.... a year? What about the other two he had a super majority in both Cong and Senate?

If this was ANY other president including Clinton, they'd be getting their asses beat by the media. Even ten times worse during an election year.

• Members
I trusted Obama at first. Now I think that he's one of the phoniest human beings that I've ever seen as President of the United States. I can't even watch him now. I believe nothing he says. --not that everything he say is a lie, but I don't know which is which.

I believe he needs to go. Why?

The main reason is he spends too much money that we do not have.

:thu::thu::thu: He's just a smug, arrogant, liar.

• Members

Ridiculous question.

Not falling for trollbait

edumacate me? You seem to know! BTW I voted for him first round. I keep asking teh same question of staunch supporters I asked of you. No answers.

I have not found many policies he or his admin has "done" that has improved anything really. His border enforcement is a little better, but not much than it was prior.

What else? stimulus? extending unemployment ?

still not seeing it.

• Members

obama = w bush 2.0

On some issues yes you are correct, im pleasently surprised by the drone strikes and Al Quaida/terrorist and Obama has done a good job on ordering the attacks, etc - il give him some credit

but his domestic policies are NOT Bush version 2, im not trolling or being a wiseass but he wishes he had his debt/deficts and ave unemployment rate, and the media is very lenient to Obama, - just saying

• Members

+ 1, We know the guy can speak

but 3 years of this? - and he takes NO CREDIT for anything bad, no reflection of his policies and decisions, NOTHING. Thats why i call him the teflon president, its never ever ever his fault or his decision or policy, NEVER!

Can you name any President that has ever acted any differently?

• Members

Pubs have had a slight majority for what.... a year? What about the other two he had a super majority in both Cong and Senate?

If this was ANY other president including Clinton, they'd be getting their asses beat by the media. Even ten times worse during an election year.

Even when the Dems had a majority the Repubs were very successful at blocking and poisoning legislation (health care reform).

It doesn't really matter who is in office, because government is NOT about doing what needs to be done or doing what's right for the country. It's about getting and keeping political power. The Repubs will do whatever it takes to block anything that the Dems try to do because if the Dems are successful it will make it harder for the Repubs to get elected. The Dems will do the same thing.

"Reaching across the isle" just means "do what I want". It ain't gonna happen. The political divide in this country is too wide and it's just getting worse. The left gets further left, the right gets further right and "moderate" is a dirty word.

That, and they are all owned by special interests who have their own agendas ahead of what's good for the country and we the people.

That is why I have zero faith in our government, regardless of who is in power.

• Members

I would support Ron Paul wholeheartedly, no matter what banner he ran under, but let's be honest, Congress would have none of his shenanigans. It would still be business as usual, unfortunately. Would be nice to have at least one honest politician up there though.

Don't fool yourself! There is not ONE honest politician ever. Even Abe was a good bull{censored}ter

IDK you have ruthless business leaders and foreign leaders. You can't mix honesty with those types and ever expect to work together.

People going after Newt or others about their marital history, and other stupid {censored} is lame. Please... I heard an excerpt of Alec Baldwin about how Romney was with his kids and his rant about Newt's wives. Alec forgot what was plastered all over TMZ with his phone calls, his own reasons for divorce?

dumb

• Members

Don't fool yourself! There is not ONE honest politician ever. Even Abe was a good bull{censored}ter

IDK you have ruthless business leaders and foreign leaders. You can't mix honesty with those types and ever expect to work together.

People going after Newt or others about their marital history, and other stupid {censored} is lame. Please... I heard an excerpt of Alec Baldwin about how Romney was with his kids and his rant about Newt's wives. Alec forgot what was plastered all over TMZ with his phone calls, his own reasons for divorce?

dumb

Alec Baldwin is a politician?

• Members

Even when the Dems had a majority the Repubs were very successful at blocking and poisoning legislation (health care reform).

It doesn't really matter who is in office, because government is
NOT
about doing what needs to be done or doing what's right for the country. It's about getting and keeping political power. The Repubs will do whatever it takes to block anything that the Dems try to do because if the Dems are successful it will make it harder for the Repubs to get elected. The Dems will do the same thing.

"Reaching across the isle" just means "do what I want". It ain't gonna happen. The political divide in this country is too wide and it's just getting worse. The left gets further left, the right gets further right and "moderate" is a dirty word.

That, and they are all owned by special interests who have their own agendas ahead of what's good for the country and we the people.

That is why I have zero faith in our government, regardless of who is in power.

Special interests pay for campaigns, elect officials and those debts have to be paid. Not many in congress want to change that.

Simple. Stop electing Congressional incumbents.

• Members

dumb

Ron Paul is probably the most honest politician out there now though... but yeah he's virtually ignored by the media and everyone in both parties because of his views, which is not fair... and it makes me a bit skeptical of the boneheads who run this country

• Members

Killed Osama and a lot of terrorists.
Ended the war in Iraq.
Just yesterday he had a bunch of Somali pirates killed.
Bush wasn't into doing {censored} like that. He liked having them around
to scare the public and keep the military rich.
You don't see Obama flying onto carriers for cool photo ops. He
just got {censored} done.

Archived