obama

newholland

• Members

BTW if you think OBAMA is ineffective at getting things done...imagine how Ron Paul would do. He'd be so

shut out you might as well close Washington for 4 years.

Close Washington for 4 years?? I can't think of anything better for the good of the Republic! Where do I sign up?? :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the thing. Great speech. He's a fantastic speaker.

He had a TON of great ideas last night...the problem is just that...they've always just been ideas. He's never offered a proposed solution as to how he will implement those ideas.

Hell we all have great ideas on how to fix various things. Until you lay out a solution, they're just pipe dreams.

This.

• Members

Killed Osama and a lot of terrorists.

Ended the war in Iraq.

Just yesterday he had a bunch of Somali pirates killed.

Bush wasn't into doing {censored} like that. He liked having them around

to scare the public and keep the military rich.

You don't see Obama flying onto carriers for cool photo ops. He

just got {censored} done.

The military and CIA found Osama, Obama just gave the order like any Pres would have. Bush landing on the carrier was a morale thing. As for keeping the military rich, didn't Obama just send 2 carrier groups to the Persian Gulf?

• Members

The military and CIA found Osama, Obama just gave the order like any Pres would have. Bush landing on the carrier was a morale thing. As for keeping the military rich, didn't Obama just send 2 carrier groups to the Persian Gulf?

He didn't end the war in Iraq either. The timeline was set a few years ago by the coalition and the acting leadership of Iraq govt that US troops would be drastically reduced or removed by June 2011. Obama just followed the policy. PM Maliki basically demanded it.

Obama is doing a lot of flying around campaigning and sight seeing. Hillary has done a good job as Sec of State so I give him that. It is on his watch after all.

She should have got the nod. We wouldn't have the bull{censored} car salesmen with no experience. I hope she actually runs against him in a surprise move. That would be interesting. She's the one that built the latest in unified support of nations against Iran.

Obama's report card on jobs, economy, etc is a fat F imo. His position and bs work on green tech was a total bust with Solyndra, his GM saving is bs. Most of the parts factories have relocated to China. Great for jobs. We do have some GM engineers supervising and some relocated autoworkers showing them the ropes for now.

I would like to see a reversal of the US company relocations. Both sides have done everything in allowing that bull{censored}, and our UE suffers for it. Consumers are also heavily responsible, but wtf you going to do now beside save what jobs you can. Tough sell.

• Members

Better than Newt or Santorum. By a long shot.

IDK, but I think we need someone with more business experience to get the business side and jobs equation solved. The people around Obama are not doing much either. Hopefully he'll replace a number of his cabinet if re-elected.

The business pros walked right over his ass and he and the Dem controlled congress gave full reign of monies away with no questions or no regulatory demands they so claim to be about. They paid those bankers off and what really has happened since? Extensions of UE taxpayers have to be saddled with for how many years to come?

Announcing many new govt entities for so called regulations and expansion of green jobs? I'm for Green TEch too, but at them moment it is way too costly for any enterprising commitment.

There's so much domestic {censored} that requires a more experienced person at the helm. With neither a majority really in either Congress the exec branch power will still be somewhat limited until the next Cong election mid term.

Any Pres with biz savvy might be able to fully understand the bull{censored} deals or at least know when they are being conned by business or Cong leaders. This admin had no clue.

• Members

I would have voted for him in a second, but he made the mistake of running for the nomination from a party that puts a premium on ignorance and stupidity. He is intelligent and loves his country first and his party second, which basically amounted to Kryptonite with fellow Republicans. The fact that he is an American first and a Republican second put him squarely at odds with the rest of the party, who are blindly loyal to their party rather than their country. These are the same ignorant pieces of human filth who claim forwards and backwards to be fiscal conservatives, yet they've openly supported a party that hasn't come within a hundred miles of being fiscally conservative in our lifetime. The Republican presidential administrations in our lifetime have ranged from fiscally reckless to fiscally criminal. The Bush administration inherited the largest budget surplus in the history of our country, and in one year turned it into a record deficit. Anyone who was actually a fiscal conservative AND really loved their country took great offense to this, but I don't know a single Republican who was angry about this at all. Their loyalty to their party far outweighed any love they have for their country, so they openly supported their party even though it's actions were clearly not in the best interest of this country. Then, as if that weren't bad enough, they have the nerve to pretend that they had nothing to do with the enormous federal debt that we have accumulated, even though the vast majority of it came courtesy of the Reagan and Bush (Sr and Jr) administrations that they all openly supported. Behavior like that is nothing short of sub-human, but that's the name of the game with the Republican party. Partisan opportunists masquerading as patriots. They aren't fooling anyone with the god given sense to wipe after they crap, but they'll continue to lie because it's the Republican way. Having no decency or conscience is apparently a prerequisite to joining the party. Huntsman failed that test big time.

with your literary skills, you should be a writer for MSNBC !

• Members

If Obama is reelected I think you will see him swinging his sack around a little more without the worries of trying to "play it safe" to get a second term.

Oh and as far as Ron Paul goes...wtf. Yeah he's cool cause he wants to legalize marijuana I get it. But eliminating government funded public safety agencies like EPA and FDA? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR {censored}ING MIND?

• Members

walk_the_talk_mousepads-p144509119867905

Elected / Cant get nominated

:idk:

Oh and for all you motormouths that simply chirp about how Obama "hasn't done {censored}" or is a failure. Here is an old ass link...

http://whatthe{censored}hasobamadonesofar.com/

You talk about him being the same old DC BS...well if he can only pass what the republicans will sign off on (which has been close to nothing) then you're right....but you shouldnt be bitching about obama and you should be crying hooray for the Republican

obstructionists that block everything simply because he is Obama. Hooray for stagnation!

• Members
  • Members
Oh and for all you motormouths that simply chirp about how Obama "hasn't done {censored}" or is a failure. Here is an old ass link...

http://whatthe{censored}hasobamadonesofar.com/

You talk about him being the same old DC BS...well if he can only pass what the republicans will sign off on (which has been close to nothing) then you're right....but you shouldnt be bitching about obama and you should be crying hooray for the Republican

obstructionists that block everything simply because he is Obama. Hooray for stagnation!

That, and I'll list some from that link.

- Health Care Reform Bill, allowing children to remain covered by their parents' insurance until the age of 26. (I'd be willing to bet, some of you who hate him are probably under 26, and still on your parents' insurance :lol:)

- Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

- Tax credits for up to 29 million individuals to help pay for health insurance

- Expansion of Medicaid to all individuals under age 65 with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level

- Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care (Maybe you think it's good that the insurance companies hide this???)

- Added 4.6 billion USD to the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals (I know, who cares about our vets, right?)

- Significantly increased funding for the Violence Against Women Act (I know, who cares about women and violence, right?)

- Lifted restrictions granting Cuban Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send remittances to the island (I know, who cares about the Cubans and their families, right?)

- Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans and protect student borrowers (Probably directly affects some of you here, in a positive way, but you'll still hate the guy for it)

- Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college (I know, who cares about low-income students, right?)

- Expanded hate crime law in the US to include sexual orientation through the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act

- Provided stimulus funding to boost private sector spaceflight programs (I bet most of you are for some kind of space program)

- Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans (helped in preventing your credit card co from f'ing you in your ass, whenever they felt like it, but who cares about that, right? let's side with the big banks)

- Signed financial reform law requiring lenders to verify applicants' credit history, income, and employment status (lenders doing the opposite for mortgages is part of what got us into our financial situation in the first place)

- Signed financial reform law prohibiting banks from engaging in proprietary trading (trading the bank's own money to turn a profit, often in conflict with their customers' interests) - who needs that, right?

- Cut prescription drug cost for medicare recipients by 50% (who cares, we aren't on medicare, right?)

- Provided $12.2 Billion in new funding for Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (who cares, we're not disabled, right?)

- Extended Benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees (who cares, we're hetero, right?)

- Appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in US history (meaningless, right?)

- Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years (also meaningless, who needs that?)

- Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history

- Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court (who cares, how does that affect ME, right?)

- Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions (who cares, I don't want to help those people, right?)

- Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016 (who needs that, right?)

- Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers (who cares, I make my $$$, and I'm not a woman, right?)

- Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB (who cares, I'm not in the military, right?)

- Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse (that's a bad thing because . . .?)

- Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans (again, who cares about our vets, right?)

- Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured (who cares, I'm not a kid anymore, and my kids have insurance, right? These aren't MY kids, why should I care about them?)

- Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research (Yeah, this is bad, right?)

- Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis (who cares, I'm not paralyzed, right?)

- Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system (who needs this? we'll just continue on with wasteful spending with defense, because that's good, right?)

- Increased minority access to capital (who cares, I'm not a minority, right?)

- Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers (I guess you'd like it the other way, where your credit card co can eff you in the ass?)

- Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition (who cares, I haven't been in this situation YET, so, it doesn't affect me, right?) Talk to anyone who has been {censored}ed by their insurance company and see how they feel, and it WILL happen to you, trust me.

- Tax credits for up to 29 million individuals to help pay for health insurance (who cares about THEM, I have insurance, right?)

Let's not even get into laying the smack down on Al Quaeda's higher ups and all that.

In this "ME-centric" society we live in, I can see how some of you think he hasn't done "anything", because seemingly, he hasn't done "anything" for YOU. I'd venture to say he's done SOMETHING.

• Members

Wow some of you people are REALLY gullible, just by reading this {censored} its the trap that people fall into, im not being a wiseazz troll.

Follow me for a sec ------ If i question what a program actually does, whats the real intent or ask how many rules or regs and laws are in it its ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG you hate wheelchair people, minorities, the water, the air, puppies, babies and kittens!!!!! :lol: Its almost a irrational response to asking a legit question.

It seems that you guys are getting your actual info from the name of the bill being proposed then what it actually does, can i ask what the bill REALLY does? the intent? the unintended consequences? Is that allowed? How much is a goverment power grab? Is it REALLY constitutional?..... Is it possible that more govt power is being gathered by these "so called needed new laws"?. How much does the 24/7 nanny state continue, for me THATS a bigger issue that is over peoples head and they are missing the bigger pic

• Members

Wow some of you people are REALLY gullible, just by reading this {censored} its the trap that people fall into, im not being a wiseazz troll.

Follow me for a sec ------ If i question what a program actually does, whats the real intent or ask how many rules or regs and laws are in it its ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG you hate wheelchair people, minorities, the water, the air, puppies, babies and kittens!!!!!
:lol:
Its almost a irrational response to asking a legit question.

It seems that you guys are getting your actual info from the name of the bill being proposed then what it actually does, can i ask what the bill REALLY does? the intent? the unintended consequences? Is that allowed? How much is a goverment power grab? Is it REALLY constitutional?..... Is it possible that more govt power is being gathered by these "so called needed new laws"?. How much does the 24/7 nanny state continue, for me THATS a bigger issue that is over peoples head and they are missing the bigger pic

Bro...

You just have to read the title of a bill and see if it has words like Clean, Fair, etc.

If it does, its a good bill.

The Help Out Mexicans Bill - good:thu: (who cares right im not mexican right?? right right right)

• Members
Bro...

You just have to read the title of a bill and see if it has words like Clean, Fair, etc.

If it does, its a good bill.

The Help Out Mexicans Bill - good:thu:
(who cares right im not mexican right?? right right right)

:lol::facepalm::lol:

Im serious though -- i CANNOT believe how {censored}ing gullible people are from just reading this and most political posts on HC, its funny 2 watch

Are u coming back up 2 NY anytime soon? :wave:

• Members

In this "ME-centric" society we live in, I can see how some of you think he hasn't done "anything", because seemingly, he hasn't done "anything" for YOU. I'd venture to say he's done SOMETHING.

Lovely, now how the {censored} are we going to PAY for all of this {censored}? Seems he forgot about that little tidbit.....

• Members

:lol::facepalm::lol:

Im serious though -- i CANNOT believe how {censored}ing gullible people are from just reading this and most political posts on HC, its funny 2 watch

Are u coming back up 2 NY anytime soon?
:wave:

So, straighten me out then. "most political posts on HC", EXCEPT yours, I'm sure?

So, everyone is gullible, and you have the "correct" information? You should do everyone a service and educate us.

Was what I posted actual laws passed, or just my opinion? And keep in mind, I'm not sure how many of those bills/laws were put on his desk, possibly by a bipartisan effort.

• Members

don't mind the guy, but wish he'd leave my {censored}ing awesome heathcare coverage ALONE ! Douche ...

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not but I agree.

I mean, everyone should have healthcare and it's stupid that getting sick ruins your life but for the love of God leave my kick ass healthcare alone.

Obamacare is garbage.

• Members

Lovely, now how the {censored} are we going to PAY for all of this {censored}? Seems he forgot about that little tidbit.....

By getting Mitt Romney to pay more than 15% tax on his capital gains. :lol:

I keed, I keed.

Dude, I don't have access to the books, but bringing the troops home (look at how much that {censored} cost over the last 10 years), and halting the F-22 project (or whatever plane that was) is a start. There is also (and always has been) a lot of wasteful spending we could look at . . .

• Members

By getting Mitt Romney to pay more than 15% tax on his capital gains.
:lol:

I keed, I keed.

Dude, I don't have access to the books, but bringing the troops home (look at how much that {censored} cost over the last 10 years), and halting the F-22 project (or whatever plane that was) is a start. There is also (and always has been)
a lot of wasteful spending we could look at
. . .

I notice a lot of wasteful spending in our giant post above.

• Members

Ok, let me see if I get this.

We want a president who lacks experience in the business world to get business on the right track. We want a guy who promotes US workers and domestic job strengths but wont do much to motivate business that hires US workers. Most of the new technology and the bull{censored} line about GM coming back strong he omitted the bigger part... GM is producing in CHINA! GM workers and Eng's are training Chinese workers !

Follow Apple's mantra.. Convince people your product is better than other imports but make sure you build all your {censored} in {censored}ing China and charge maximum {censored}ing dollar for that {censored} (naive consumers) and make 10 to 20 times the profit margins on everything you make.

Sorry, having Mrs Jobs there wasn't much to be an impression or argument for Domestic Jobs. Neither was GM.

Speaking in terms of taxation. What specific taxation policy did he want changed?

Easy to say pay your fair share, but what tax ? Income? Cap gains? etc etc etc? How many poor or middle class EVER pay high rate Cap Gains tax? Again, dumb analogy since most do not pay those taxes. They need to not speak in such general terms or paint with broad brushes. What they want are very specific so spell it out. Don't bury {censored} in 8000 page bills. Speak the real language as other president's did. It's Congress you are addressing, and the nation is not as dumb as the elite in Washington think they are.

Wow!! You infer a ton about my own political leanings from a post that was not political at all. Just a very general observation based on what I watch and read everyday.

Poker face. You no has.

Archived