Poast UR current giggin rigzzzzzzzzz

Tommy Horrible

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only take 2 of the guitars I posted...But I generally will change up what 2 I take.

2 guitars, 2 cabs, 2 heads, 1 pedalboard. Not really too bad.

It all fits in my scion with room to spare.

Yup, I used to bring this exact same set everywhere in my Element. I just realized it was wayyyyyyyyyyy overkill.

• Members

How come nobody's rig looks used ? I guess I am the only one who gigs too much to clean my stuff :poke:

Lol, my stuff looks alright because the heads are kept in road cases and the cabs are only a few months old. My old cabs were beat to {censored}.

My guitars are kept fairly decent because I rotate 6 of them through shows. A couple of them have a LOT more scars than the pics show, mainly on the back and sides. They were also polished up prior to the pics being taken.

My pedalboard is crap, though. you can see I've put in new latches, and the handle on the top lid is a new one I bolted to it. the velcro lining has been replaced several times as well.

• Members

How come nobody's rig looks used ?
:cop:

I guess I am the only one who gigs too much to clean my stuff.

btw, pics are (at an actual gig)...........

BOC029.jpg

BOC030.jpg

How come nobody's rig looks used ? I guess I am the only one who gigs too much to clean my stuff :poke:

I'll send you some, by how dirty your {censored} is, I'm guessing your house isn't far behind.

6a00e552792fa288330120a5aeb909970b-pi.jp

• Members

BOC029.jpg

BOC030.jpg

man, it only takes a minute to wipe your rig clean. Eventually all this dust will get into the pots and jacks and start to {censored} up the circuits, not a good idea.

Also road wear =/= dust.

• Members

BOC029.jpg

BOC030.jpg

your head looks pretty clean, average wear on the cab(i've seen much worse) you just have a filthy, dirty, disgusting pedalboard. you sir, win nothing! :mad::lol:

• Members

man, it only takes a minute to wipe your rig clean. Eventually all this dust will get into the pots and jacks and start to {censored} up the circuits, not a good idea.

Also road wear =/= dust.

Yep. I take good care of my gear and I do gig regularly, you can do both ;)

Obviously things you step on like pedals are going to get dirty but that doesn't mean you can't wipe them down to ensure they keep working, either. My 4X12 looks pretty damn good for over 10 years of gigs on it, but that's because I load it the same way every time and it's not laying on a metal truck bed etc.

• Members

Also road wear =/= dust.

Yeah. I know you are right. Just don't get around to it. Everything else is kept clean & neat. I just never get to the pedal board. Besides, it's not like i'm using some expensive bootique pedals.

I change pedals in & out all the time. Next time I do a pedal switch, I guess I should clean them :idea:

• Members

Damn Negro, dats a lot of gear to carry. I used to carry that much {censored} though, never again. I've learned to not give a {censored} in my old age. No more obsessive worrying about {censored} breaking and back ups, I bring 1 head, 1 cab, 1 guitar and that's it. I don't even bring a guitar stand anymore. If {censored} breaks, i'll just borrow someoneelses {censored} and say {censored} it.

Me too.. Especially since Im a drummer as well.. I used to bring 2 kick drums and 4 toms.. and blablbalbl.. Now 1 kick and 2 or 3 toms.. No triggers or BS like that..

And for guitar Ive always been just 2 guitars( I have broken way too many strings to not bring a backup) cords and head/cab.. And a delay pedal.. Setup->plug in->go nuts during the set-> throw gear off stage when done-> kick it to my car->leave.. lol

The kicking part actually did happen at a recent gig.. I admit I was beyond drunk and only heard about it from the people who witnessed it the next day.. Apparently I dropped my toms while coming down the stairs and they bounced all the way down! lol.. I then proceeded to kick them across streets all the way to my car.. I honestly hate being a drummer because of the gear.. There is so much little {censored} to lose that Ive spent too much on the lost gear.. I hate it.. I think I was just subconsciously taking out my anger on the toms..

But when I set them up at the next rehearsal they sounded GREAT!! True story.. They really did sound great! haha

Archived