Tele / Strat lovers

isvoid

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a Nashville Tele silly boy!

Lorretta or Tammy.

Nice try but no cigar -- a nashville tele has tele pups at the bridge and neck and a strat pup in the middle position.

Stella here has a tele pup at the bridge and strat pups (v60s) at the neck and middle positions. :)

• Members

Nice try but no cigar -- a nashville tele has tele pups at the bridge and neck and a strat pup in the middle position.

Stella here has a tele pup at the bridge and strat pups (v60s) at the neck and middle positions.
:)

My brother has a tele (my old late 70's telecaster) that he had re-routed to take a strat at the neck & middle & put in a pair of Lollar blonds i it.

I never heard it, but he likes it.

I wanted to kick his arse for {censored}ing up my telecaster tho. That was the first guitar I ever got new.

• Members

Regardless, I've been wanting to try one for a while. No way I can justify buying one though unless I find a used one for

I used to think it was ridiculous to pay more than $1200+/- for a guitar. Then I tried a fender beck strat. Ordered one after playing a store model for about 10 minutes -- it was sick and just had a great mojo about it. Cost me $2100 (funny canadian monies). Still have it, though it's WAY overdue a fret job. TO ME it was worth it and what me made me reconsider what I'd pay for a guitar.

Similarly, after I tried a buddy's suhr I was like "{censored}kkkk, this is even nicer than my becky". To date, the suhr guitars I'VE HAD trump any guitar I've ever tried (except an Anderson tele I should have bought years ago but let slip by). It's the ridiculous playability, great toanz and yet somewhat conservative design approach to guitar building that have won me over; the great esthetics are just an added bonus.

Mileages vary, and I'm not trying to recruit anyone -- just sharing my love an an instrument and my latest (imaginary) acquisition -- lotsa good luthiers these days.

• 4 months later...

Archived