Hard rock hardtail suggestions

Tommy Gun

• Members

Satin finish neck = don't really want, but that's just me and otherwise I think it's cool
:thu:

Hey I'm just a {censored}ty beginner...I dont even know what satin finish neck means??

I need a new guitar as my current one is falling apart so Im looking to upgrade to $1k or so.

I just cant be bothered with a Floyd as changing strings on a fixed bridge is hard enough for me :)

• Members

Hey I'm just a {censored}ty beginner...I dont even know what satin finish neck means??

I need a new guitar as my current one is falling apart so Im looking to upgrade to $1k or so.

I just cant be bothered with a Floyd as changing strings on a fixed bridge is hard enough for me
:)

Lots of current fender strats have the same kind of satin finish versus their glossier vintage reissue ones, I'd try them both out at a store first to see whether it's an issue to you. To me it is, but it's just a preference thing, neither is good or bad, just different.

• Members

re: Satin necks: I like 'em.Glossy necks get sticky in my hands.

ib4 TWSS
:o

I don't mind glossy necks but there is also the choice of oil-finished necks on charvels which I also prefer to satin. But as you just proved, lots of people like satin. Just not me ;)

• Members

I don't mind glossy necks but there is also the choice of oil-finished necks on charvels which I also prefer to satin. But as you just proved, lots of people like satin. Just not me
;)

Given the choice I'd opt for gun oil. Used to have a EBMM Steve Morse model w/same, great neck.

• Members

So ya gots a grand? PM me. I build geetars. I can gets u much more for much less. Talk to yer band mates. Find out what ya want. I'll make it happen. Custom color and everythang

Newblue003.jpg
An example of my work.

Looks cool man..but I'm in Canada and the shipping kills

• Members

I'm not nearly educated enough IMO to judge used quality. I don't trust myself to be able to accurately judge value so would rather buy new.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-SG-Classic-Electric-Guitar-with-P-90-Pickups-101393338-i1149174.gc?&source=4WWRWXGB

Brand spanking new, $999.00. They are epically great axes too.

• Members

Get educated. New Gibson prices are retarded, and you can find a used studio/faded (if you're into the 50's necks) for ~$500-600

Not to big on the faded models I've played, but yeah I would not buy a new Gibson these days. It's way to much money for a name, and the prices drop pretty quick, especially in this market.

• Members
I played that wildcard and didn't really much care for it.

I saw your thread and the first thing that popped into my head was an SG. I'd bee on the lookout for something by Gibson, though Agiles aren't bad If you like to tinker and upgrade.

Why didn't you like it? The other reviews I read were really positive but I would like to hear your opinion.

I really, really dont like SGs (the look). I dont know why, I just have a visceral reaction to their looks even though I love Sabbath :)
I'll look into finding a Les Paul used but so far everything I'm seeing is expensive as hell

• Members

Why didn't you like it? The other reviews I read were really positive but I would like to hear your opinion.

I really, really dont like SGs (the look). I dont know why, I just have a visceral reaction to their looks even though I love Sabbath
:)
I'll look into finding a Les Paul used but so far everything I'm seeing is expensive as hell

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with that wildcard, but if you can't play one first I'd make sure you can return it if you don't like it.

Archived