Adam and Joel from Killswitch Engage are now Laney endorsees and using the Ironheart

Chrisjd

• Members

I've got one on its way, ordered from Zzounds on Friday. Pretty sure I'm not the only one, either. Plus a couple other guys on here have picked 'em up already.

As to the KSE endorsement, eh. Never even really heard anything from them other than their Holy Diver cover, which did not really leave me compelled to seek out their other material.

• Members

Meh KSE is one of the worst (known/signed) metalcore bands ever. I honestly have never heard a song that made me want to listen to the rest of their catalogue. And I own 3 of their albums.
:facepalm:

then gtfo chuck......... :cop: :cop:

• Members

Meh KSE is one of the worst (known/signed) metalcore bands ever. I honestly have never heard a song that made me want to listen to the rest of their catalogue. And I own 3 of their albums.
:facepalm:

I'm so sorry that you didn't learn after the first two times :idk:

I'm surprised to see the KSE guys "settle down" so to speak with an endorsement, but I understand it. Company offers you money to say you use their gear? Where do I sign? :D

There are times where it gets taken advantage of, of course. KK Marshall practice amp, nearly everything George Lynch puts his name on, etc . . .

• Members

I'm so sorry that you didn't learn after the first two times
:idk:

I'm surprised to see the KSE guys "settle down" so to speak with an endorsement, but I understand it. Company offers you money to say you use their gear? Where do I sign?
:D

There are times where it gets taken advantage of, of course. KK Marshall practice amp, nearly everything George Lynch puts his name on, etc . . .

Its not always about money!

A lot of the time it'll come down to product support, something that Laney are very good with, they still service my VC50 and thats nearly 20 years old.

I can see why they've switched to the Laneys, the Ironheart is a very bold sounding high gain amp.

• Members

A lot of the time it'll come down to product support, something that Laney are very good with, they still service my VC50 and thats nearly 20 years old.

This is a point to consider. I am intrigued by this amp but, I've heard product support is very weak in the US.

• Members

I'm surprised to see the KSE guys "settle down" so to speak with an endorsement,
but I understand it. Company offers you money to say you use their gear? Where do I sign?

That doesnt happen.

• Members

That doesnt happen.

It does happen in a way, often companies will offer a contribution to press costs or a guaranteed amount of press features that they will sort out, usually the bigger artists are given the products too rather than getting loan stock or artist discounted products. I also know of brands paying for product placement in music videos and promo photos, its all pretty common place at the top end of the industry.

• Members

I'm surprised to see the KSE guys "settle down" so to speak with an endorsement, but I understand it. Company offers you money to say you use their gear? Where do I sign?

There are times where it gets taken advantage of, of course.
KK Marshall practice amp
, nearly everything George Lynch puts his name on, etc . . .

Yeah the KK practice amp is blatant false advertisement, it is very clear that mother{censored}er never practices. If he did, he wouldn't suck so bad.

• Members

It does happen in a way, often companies will offer a contribution to press costs or a guaranteed amount of press features that they will sort out, usually the bigger artists are given the products too rather than getting loan stock or artist discounted products. I also know of brands paying for product placement in music videos and promo photos, its all pretty common place at the top end of the industry.

Yes I understand this. I was saying the notion of an artist getting a nice fat check for saying " Hey I use Marshall" just isnt true.

• Members

Its not always about money!

I can see why they've switched to the Laneys, the Ironheart is a very bold sounding high gain amp.

I don't think it really matters at this point. No matter what amp they use, they always sound like KSE.

EDIT: Dang, RaceU4her beat me to it.

Archived