H&K Tubemeister?

Seattle Doug

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dig it. Lights and all, really. Someone mentioned it having a retro-future sort of look, I think. That's pretty much how I see it. It's a cool, fairly unique aesthetic.

That said, I'd feel weird about gigging one. I'm sure it's durable, but something about the design makes me think I'd be afraid to take it to a bar or some other venue.

• Members

I love seeing these designs like this. I'm really enjoying watching high powered amps getting smaller, lighter, and just generally cool looking. I feel like these days, how much more can you put into the guts of an amp that hasn't been done before. It's really exciting to see more innovation going in to style. I'd say for the majority of amp purchasers of your products, and most others are either studio guys, bedroom players, or light gigging musicians. So why not make something that's going to look like a great peice of furniture, or something that's going to look real classy sitting on top of a well built cabinet in their studio or house or something.

Throw in the smaller sizes for easier transportation for light gigging musicians, I'm definitely way into it.

Now, with all that said, I think nothing beats the look of the Marshall Stack. And I doubt anything ever will.

While we're on different looking amps - I came across this on Thursday

ampk.jpg

I think it said "JP" amps on it? I'm really unsure. Sounded {censored}ing boss. Didn't get a chance to speak with the guy playing it. But my point behind showing it is how many more options we have cosmetically. This is the kind of amp you can put in your front room and show off, looks like something from a space ship, had vacuum tubes poking out of the top. Pretty impressive when you realize it actually makes guitar noise, too.

• Members

What do you guys think about those new Fenders which look like old radios? I was working on something like that for the Valve Jr, but the electronics and cabinetry were two different factories. Before I could get it sorted out, I left the company. I still really like the idea though.

• Members

Tough call. One small design flaw and it's garish instead of classy. I like the old radio look, but I'm not sure it works well with amps. If a designer is looking for mass appeal I don't think it's the route because, quite frankly, that demographic is dying off. :o

• Members

Tough call. One small design flaw and it's garish instead of classy. I like the old radio look, but I'm not sure it works well with amps. If a designer is looking for mass appeal I don't think it's the route because, quite frankly, that demographic is dying off.
:o

True, and remember what a conservative bunch guitarists are when it comes to change.

• Members

Which is why the best products do not stray from guitar shapes created 60 years ago, and the dying breed of vacuum tubes.

Excactly, I try and be modern thinking myself. I even owned and Axe-Fx.

Now I have 2 strats and a les paul copy, a single channel valve amp and all analogue pedals :D

• Members

Are you talking about these?

2303000000_frt_wmd_001.jpg

2303010000_frt_wmd_001.jpg

I love the look of them. It's the kind thing you can have in your studio or home because it looks cool. You may a functional great sounding amp, you're pulling serious double duty.

The top isn't _way_ good looking, I like the concept much more.

Yes, exactly what I meant, thanks. I think I have an amp in mind to put in a cab like this.

• Members
thanks guys, for all this. I really appreciate it. I DO like the idea of offering lots of colors but it's tough with volumes I need to build. that's where the interchangeable baffles come from but I've done a sh*t job of managing that.

Since you stole my metal baffle, I had to get creative:

6722958683_0ca0c0fd58.jpg

Archived