anybody else chew up food then spit it in there kids mouth? alicia silverstone does!

murdock

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tend to take what most people say with a grain of salt unless they have legitimate backing. Whether it's an amp builder/music store employee with curious anthropology knowledge or charveldan with a loosely researched yahoo link. Newspapers tend to be credible resources.

I read a harvard article that explained that high protein diets lead to larger brains and it seemed strange that it would be specifically brains. I did call bs to early, but it it's a strange fact and the disbelief of such a statement without backing to present it as knowledge is plausible.

• Members

i get that, what i don't get is why you wouldn't look to see if it was BS instead of just calling it.

i think i learned about it in my college anthropology course, but it could have been in some evolutionary biology reference in a psychology class as well.

it makes sense, though...dude with thumbs and a rock or wooden club walks up on a carcass that has been stripped, bashes in the skull, BAM dinner is served. marrow and brains are both excellent sources of fat & protein, so it adds up without doing any vigorous investigation.

• Members

When my kids were young I used to take a {censored} then shove it up there ass. Then I'd stick em on the toilet so they {censored} it out as a way to help potty train. Then when they dropped the log, we would clap and say "ooh, look at the big boom-boom baby made." in our baby voices.

• Members

When my kids were young I used to take a {censored} then shove it up there ass. Then I'd stick em on the toilet so they {censored} it out as a way to help potty train. Then when they dropped the log, we would clap and say "ooh, look at the big boom-boom baby made." in our baby voices.

index.php20110724-22047-58b7hk.png

• Members

I believe that is called a monroe transfer.

• Members
When my kids were young I used to take a {censored} then shove it up
there
ass. Then I'd stick em on the toilet so they {censored} it out as a way to help potty train. Then when they dropped the log, we would clap and say "ooh, look at the big boom-boom baby made." in our baby voices.

index.php20110724-22047-58b7hk.png

• Members

is it me, or did her rack get bigger over the years?

implants?

dayum

2542331854_d40196f000_z.jpg

Baby. You wouldn't believe what a pregnancy does to tits.

Also, this is not that strange. Most of the world still introduces solid foods to babies this way. If you don't have a blender and can't get baby food (neither of which apply here, I know. I'm just sayin'), how else are you going to do it?

• Members

I tend to take what most people say with a grain of salt unless they have legitimate backing. Whether it's an amp builder/music store employee with curious anthropology knowledge or charveldan with a loosely researched yahoo link. Newspapers tend to be credible resources.

I read a harvard article that explained that high protein diets lead to larger brains and it seemed strange that it would be specifically brains. I did call bs to early, but it it's a strange fact and the disbelief of such a statement without backing to present it as knowledge is plausible.

Don't get too caught up on the fact that he was referring to brain tissue.... any energy rich food would have done, but brain and marrow happened to be readily available in our ancestors environments of adaptation. If they had had bags of hot cheetos and omega-3 supplements lying around that would of worked just as well.

And more importantly than high protein is high calorie. Consider that your brain receives 15% of the cardiac output, 20% of total body oxygen consumption, and 25% of total body glucose utilization. It is a very costly adaptation energywise, and supplementing diets with animal brains which are high in fat (fat has 9 Kcal/g in energy) helped our ancestors support its evolution.

By no means will vegans devolve if they don't eat meat or brains though.

I mean, look at this {censored}!!!!! http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3463/2

Archived