anybody else chew up food then spit it in there kids mouth? alicia silverstone does!

murdock

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mother used to do the same for my brother and I. She's a first generation Korean immigrant and she would chew kimchi to take away the spiciness before giving it to my brother and I. From what she's told me, kimchi was the first solid food we ate. In retrospect, yeah, it's kinda gross.

• Members

My mother used to do the same for my brother and I. She's a first generation Korean immigrant and she would chew kimchi to take away the spiciness before giving it to my brother and I. From what she's told me, kimchi was the first solid food we ate. In retrospect, yeah, it's kinda gross.

It's not as hot without bikini pics of your Mom :(

• Members

{censored}ing vegans :facepalm:

one of the reasons the human brain is so large is because early hominids found out that you could bash in the skulls of stripped carcasses to get to the brains. high fat, high protein...these two things helped females birth more intelligent young, and eventually modern humans resulted from this behavior.

now, we have a bunch of pansy asses running around trying to devolve because they can't bear to eat other animals. talk about first world problems :facepalm:

• Members

There can only be one highlander.

I'd like to see the study that came to the conclusion that human brains are large because we ate brains. That sounds completely asinine and made up.

Well what I heard in environmental science and biology classes was that is was due to the use of fire, since it made meat edible, although the reasoning was still the same. It is the high fat and complete proteins found in meat that helped the brain grow and evolve. Is it BS? Quite possibly. Do I like any argument that makes vegans look dumb? Most certainly.

• Members

You can't {censored}ing trust this bitch. Midwest women are {censored}ed in the head. ESPECIALLY midwest women that want to go to Hollywood.

She went to school with my best friend. She was a gat damn psycho then too. Trust. She's not playing a part on Mad Men. That's just her.

• Members

Well what I heard in environmental science and biology classes was that is was due to the use of fire, since it made meat edible, although the reasoning was still the same. It is the high fat and complete proteins found in meat that helped the brain grow and evolve. Is it BS? Quite possibly. Do I like any argument that makes vegans look dumb? Most certainly.

I read an article about eating meat is a big reason that lead to the development of more brain tissue, but eating brains specifically? Complete bs. I'd like to read the fox news article that supports that.

• Members

I read an article about eating meat is a big reason that lead to the development of more brain tissue, but eating brains specifically? Complete bs. I'd like to read the fox news article that supports that.

I think the eating brains part just makes it that much more awesome.

• Members

In regard to the physiologic protein ceiling, we agree that Early Paleolithic hominids such as Homo habilis

• Members

here's a bit more, just in case the article is TLDR

Taken together, the data indicate that scavenged marrow from ruminant long bones would have represented the concentrated energy source required for hominid brain evolution and that the brains of scavenged skulls would have represented the predominant source of 22:6n-3.

and here's what the significance of 22:6n-3 is: The evolution of a large metabolically active brain in our species required food sources that were energetically dense (2, 3) and that contained docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3)

• Members

That is really interesting. Outlandish statements like that should be accompanied by such research and having in the first place. It seemed far fetched, but I do believe it played part of brain development, but who is to say how much.

However, I would not make the choice to be vegan, but I do understand the choice for some and making a round about statement to "prove" that they are dumb is very close minded. It's a choice like any other. Nutrients for a complete diet with lots of protein is readily available and can't really be compared to paleolithic humans that were more scavengers than hunter/gatherers.

• Members

Outlandish - strikingly out of the ordinary.

My perspective was that of disbelief. Statement stands.

i can picture you sitting at a kitchen table every morning yelling and arguing with the newspaper b/c you didnt already know all the info. :poke:

dont get me wrong, i didnt know eating brains was good for me but in retrospect, how could it not have been? right?

Archived