Firearm fans thread? Let's try this out.

soilent

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finished up my mossberg 590.

Burris fastfire II red dot, Streamlite TLR-1s and cheek riser/shell holder for the knoxx recoil absorbing stock.

YfnzF.jpg

wukU3.jpg

Also, this is my next firearm purchase (whenever that time comes around). About $650 for a solid no frills AR15. Nutnfancy was raving over it.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_786006_-1_757784_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Damn man, you ended up getting that rail. Looks mean as hell but HEAVY. Nothing new for mine except a sling. :lol:

• Members
Damn man, you ended up getting that rail. Looks mean as hell but HEAVY. Nothing new for mine except a sling.
:lol:

The rail is actually about the same weight as the heat shield that came on it from the factory believe it or not. I was surprised. I thought for sure that bit that wraps around the end would make the end of the barrel a lot heavier but I can't really feel any extra weight. It's already a heavy gun to start with so if there was any extra added, I can't tell.

I know the look of it isn't for everyone but from what I could find, the only way I could get a light mounted on the thing was to install a rail (picatini fore end's all seem to have hit or miss reviews regarding fit/quality) and that one I ended up going with was the least expensive I could find.

• Members
P1000774.jpg

Here's an older pic of my black gun collection. I sold the HK USP compact and bought two glocks. I've also switched around the AR's a bit. Got rid of the VFG, got some troy flip up sights and some different rail covers.

• Members

The ones I shot seemed decent enough, but for that price, I don't know why you wouldn't just look into a used 500 or 870. They're a much more tested platform and, IMO, already a bargain. I think I got my 870 out the pawn shop door for $200.

Also this.
All this play-war tactical garbage is a sad joke.

I will say that a few things mounted on an AR like an aimpoint and a VFG (if its a carbine) along with the ability to mount a light can make your AR alot more effective. I remember the transition when I was on active duty from having to improvise stuff with duct tape and whatnot to getting issued actually good gear and you figured out really quick what was useful and what wasn't.

• Members
The rail is actually about the same weight as the heat shield that came on it from the factory believe it or not. I was surprised. I thought for sure that bit that wraps around the end would make the end of the barrel a lot heavier but I can't really feel any extra weight. It's already a heavy gun to start with so if there was any extra added, I can't tell.

I know the look of it isn't for everyone but from what I could find, the only way I could get a light mounted on the thing was to install a rail (picatini fore end's all seem to have hit or miss reviews regarding fit/quality) and that one I ended up going with was the least expensive I could find.

Well that's cool then. As you said it's already a heavy gun so when I saw that I was like :eek:.

Most of the lights I've seen on these were attached to the pump itself like this.
537514494_46ae90fddc.jpg

Anyway happy new meanass shotgun day!

• Members

Also this. All this play-war tactical garbage is a sad joke.

What's it to you? If he wants his shotgun like that who cares? If the weight isn't a problem then I see no reason why he shouldn't do up his shotgun starship troopers style.

• Members

What's it to you? If he wants his shotgun like that who cares? If the weight isn't a problem then I see no reason why he shouldn't do up his shotgun starship troopers style.

I'm with you. People can kit out their gear the way they want.

My next shotty is going to be another Mossberg 590A1 but 14in long. I'm gonna just do the tax stamp and call it good. I'll probably set it up exactly like the one in that pic you posted.

• Members

Mossberg Maverick 88. Does anyone have experience with these? It's basically a cheap 500 model copy, but at a sub $200 price tag it seems hard to pass up for just a fun, blow-{censored}-away type shot gun.

31023.JPG

+INFINITY, I got a bone stock Mossberg 500 for $199 used (except that it had a Deerfield scope mounted to it!!!!! LOL) and I couldn't be happier with it...I've gotta say the only thing is that I really do want to get a pistol grip, vertical foregrip, buttstock, and flashlight for it, a buddy of mine has a Remington 870 in that config and having shot both at the range my accuracy was the same with each shooting rifled slugs, the only thing is that I definitely felt that his would be better in a home defense situation.

• Members

{censored} YES. GODDDAMN you have no much idea how much I am envying you right now, I've always wanted an M-14 (or whatever the civilian variant is) ever since learning about and firing various semi-automatic centerfire rifles, in my own personal opinion (and again, this is just MY opinion from what I've read seen heard shot and especially my old man who was in the Marines in Vietnam saying he'd take the M14 any day over the M16) is that it really is the best of the best when it comes to that. Again, that's just my opinion!!!!

Speaking of .308/7.62x51mmNATO, my next dream gun would be an FN FAL...the kicker is that I had the chance to score one years ago for $400 {censored}ing and I spaced on it, and I've been kicking myself ever since!!!!!

• Members

Again though something that really limits me in the firearms dept. is budget, unfortunately I really don't have the loot to be able to hook up anything other than my Mosin Nagant 91/30 and Mossberg 500, no matter how much I wish I could drop 2 large or more on a really nice semi-automatic centerfire rifle with a really nice set of optics (i.e scope with mil dots and cross hairs, nightvision, infrared, etc. LOL)

And speaking of budget, you have no idea how much I really wish I had 5 large or so to hook up a nice {censored}ing .50 cal!!!!! LOL

• Members
Finished up my mossberg 590.

Burris fastfire II red dot, Streamlite TLR-1s and cheek riser/shell holder for the knoxx recoil absorbing stock.

YfnzF.jpg

d...

wukU3.jpg

Also, this is my next firearm purchase (whenever that time comes around). About $650 for a solid no frills AR15. Nutnfancy was raving over it.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_786006_-1_757784_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

{censored} yeah man, now THAT'S a shotgun!!!! Godddamn I'm getting a hard on just looking at it LOL, along with all the other great gun pron in this thread haha

• Members

I'm with you. People can kit out their gear the way they want.

My next shotty is going to be another Mossberg 590A1 but 14in long. I'm gonna just do the tax stamp and call it good. I'll probably set it up exactly like the one in that pic you posted.

Awesome man! I've been wanting to get the CQC 10" barrel for my SCAR but tax stamp/ATF etc just concerns me. I have nothing to hide but it's kind of like amending your taxes. I'm really trying not to be on anyone's radar.

• Members

Awesome man! I've been wanting to get the CQC 10" barrel for my SCAR but tax stamp/ATF etc just concerns me. I have nothing to hide but it's kind of like amending your taxes. I'm really trying not to be on anyone's radar.

I've heard that it's also super easy to get rejected. AND your won't get your $200 back. Is this true?

Btw, just curious. Are there any Glock "haters" here? Seems like almost everyone has one.

• Members

If you pass the background check to get the SCAR plus you have the local LE sign Off you'll be fine most likely.

• Members

I've heard that it's also super easy to get rejected. AND your won't get your $200 back. Is this true?

Btw, just curious. Are there any Glock "haters" here? Seems like almost everyone has one.

I wouldn't call myself a Glock hater but I do not own one and don't want one. I know they are good guns and I can hit my target with them but I don't like the way they feel, and I think they are ugly as hell.

• Members

If you pass the background check to get the SCAR plus you have the local LE sign Off you'll be fine most likely.

Right. I'm sure I could get it I just don't like the idea of bringing attention to myself or the idea that you basically give up your rights to private property to the ATF. From what I understand they can come by and search your place even if you aren't home. Again I know that would probably never happen, and even if they did I've got nothing to hide but it doesn't sit well with me. I really want some SBR and suppressors though so I may say {censored} it pretty soon anyway.

• Members

Right. I'm sure I could get it I just don't like the idea of bringing attention to myself or the idea that you basically give up your rights to private property to the ATF. From what I understand they can come by and search your place even if you aren't home. Again I know that would probably never happen, and even if they did I've got nothing to hide but it doesn't sit well with me. I really want some SBR and suppressors though so I may say {censored} it pretty soon anyway.

You may want to look into that. From what I understand it's not the case. Even if it is it would be a very narrow scope search. I have a couple of Class III dealers in the area who are up on the law but I haven't bothered to look into it yet because I'm not ready to buy.

• Members

{censored} YES. GODDDAMN you have no much idea how much I am envying you right now, I've always wanted an M-14 (or whatever the civilian variant is) ever since learning about and firing various semi-automatic centerfire rifles, in my own personal opinion (and again, this is just MY opinion from what I've read seen heard shot and especially my old man who was in the Marines in Vietnam saying he'd take the M14 any day over the M16) is that it really is the best of the best when it comes to that. Again, that's just my opinion!!!!

Speaking of .308/7.62x51mmNATO, my next dream gun would be an FN FAL...the kicker is that I had the chance to score one years ago for $400 {censored}ing and I spaced on it, and I've been kicking myself ever since!!!!!

What's amazing is they still use the receiver in modern spec-war variants to this day.

You almost wouldn't recognize it as a M-14.

I got mine from the VA state police back before the first AW ban. I guess the new head honcho wanted to refit their police snipers with bolt actions instead of semi-autos.

I did a few tweaks and shot Navy fleet matches with it for a couple of years (minus the scope). It held its own against the modern match rifles of the time.

• Members

What's amazing is they still use the receiver in modern spec-war variants to this day.

You almost wouldn't recognize it as a M-14.

I got mine from the VA state police back before the first AW ban. I guess the new head honcho wanted to refit their police snipers with bolt actions instead of semi-autos.

I did a few tweaks and shot Navy fleet matches with it for a couple of years (minus the scope).
It held its own against the modern match rifles of the time

Anyone who actually shoots matches will testify that it's about 95%-99% shooter and the rest is the gun. M14's can be quite accurate.

That's why I quit screwing around with shooting really expensive 1911's for IDPA. Glocks shoot just as good for what I was doing provided I did my part.

• Members

Anyone who actually shoots matches will testify that it's about 95%-99% shooter and the rest is the gun. M14's can be quite accurate.

That's why I quit screwing around with shooting really expensive 1911's for IDPA. Glocks shoot just as good for what I was doing provided I did my part.

True, which is why you try to eliminate as much of the variation in the rifle as possible. This way, most of the variation is in the shooter.

Ditto for the ammo.

Archived