marrying different race..

murdock

• Members

It's often very difficult to "break into" other races. Where I work there are some unbelievably hot indian girls - my single buddy has tried to make this work & family, traditions, culture, always seems to ultimately get in the way ... seems in at least this case, they like to stay with their own. Ive always thought asian girls = awesome. But again, from what I hear, it's pretty difficult to get your foot in that door. Obviously, not always the case (Neil). I'm old & married, so all I know is what single bro's have told me ...

The question was other races, not other species. Sorry Cows, Whales, Elephants, and utter hogs don't count.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interracial marriage: a benjamin801 family tradition! :thu:

My father was white and my mother was Vietnamese. Of the three siblings in my parents' family who have married so far, my sister is married to a Hispanic man, my brother to a Japanese girl, and I am married to a Jewish woman. We're a regular melting pot up in this bitch.

• Members

Interracial marriage: a benjamin801 family tradition!
:thu:

My father was white and my mother was Vietnamese. Of the three siblings in my parents' family who have married so far, my sister is married to a Hispanic man, my brother to a Japanese girl, and I am married to a Jewish woman. We're a regular melting pot up in this bitch.

This is cool as dudage.

• Members

it's pretty common here in the Caribbean.... or at least here in Trinidad.. My Family decent it pretty much European, French and Scottish on my Mom's side and English on my Dad's... my Wife has a more international mix with Chinese and Indian on her Dad's side and then French on her Mom's.... Her Dad's first marriage was to a Guyanese woman not sure of her decent, appears mostly Indian to me... their son (my Wife's half brother) married a local Trinidadian woman of African decent.... Family get togethers on her side look pretty crazy since you'd never guess half these people are related.... Hell even her Uncles and Aunts don't look related lol....

However...while pretty common to see interacial couples here there are still people, mostly in the older generations, that oppose it... I find it mostly with the Indian community here as well as with the Syrian/Lebonese community and from what I understand the Asian community can be pretty strict as well... 90% of it comes from the belief that they need to keep the family's "wealth" in the community.... pretty messed up IMO

• Members

it's pretty common here in the Caribbean.... or at least here in Trinidad.. My Family decent it pretty much European, French and Scottish on my Mom's side and English on my Dad's... my Wife has a more international mix with Chinese and Indian on her Dad's side and then French on her Mom's.... Her Dad's first marriage was to a Guyanese woman not sure of her decent, appears mostly Indian to me... their son (my Wife's half brother) married a local Trinidadian woman of African decent.... Family get togethers on her side look pretty crazy since you'd never guess half these people are related.... Hell even her Uncles and Aunts don't look related lol....

However...while pretty common to see interacial couples here there are still people, mostly in the older generations, that oppose it... I find it mostly with the Indian community here as well as with the Syrian/Lebonese community and from what I understand the Asian community can be pretty strict as well... 90% of it comes from the belief that they need to keep the family's "wealth" in the community.... pretty messed up IMO

No way! My gf is from Trinidad!

They are of Indian descent. My gf's sister is dating a black guy here in Toronto. My gf's dad does not accept his daughter dating the black guy. He actually kicked his daughter out of the house because she was dating him.

It's a little uncomfortable at times haha. Loves the white man though!

• Members

Interracial marriage: a benjamin801 family tradition!
:thu:

My Family has

American

Japanese (not including my wife, I have Japanese cousins)

Irish

Welsh

German

Chinese

French

South African

North African (a tribal Chief no less)

more Europeans and Scandinavians

Canadians

Australians

Everywhere but the middile east and india :lol: really

It was a real education growing up, and like a UN meeting at family get togethers

Me I am a Blue eyed, blond haired white boy from the London suburbs.

• Members

My Family has

American

Japanese (not including my wife, I have Japanese cousins)

Irish

Welsh

German

Chinese

French

South African

North African (a tribal Chief no less)

more Europeans and Scandinavians

Canadians

Australians

Everywhere but the middile east and india
:lol:
really

It was a real education growing up, and like a UN meeting at family get togethers

Me I am a Blue eyed, blond haired white boy from the London suburbs.

I know a few indians and middle easterners. I'll send them over to you in return for those Canadians you got.

• Members

No way! My gf is from Trinidad!

They are of Indian descent. My gf's sister is dating a black guy here in Toronto. My gf's dad does not accept his daughter dating the black guy. He actually kicked his daughter out of the house because she was dating him.

It's a little uncomfortable at times haha. Loves the white man though!

ohhh...she's from Trinidad you say....run...while you still can...go.... don't pass go...don't collect $200... just.....run.....:cop::lol:...... I keeed....

yeahhhhhh.... but... what you described there is not uncommon within the Indian community here in Trinidad... but it is still pretty old school... it's sad to say but they see going out or marrying a white guy as a "step up" in society where as they look down on the black community in the end it's all about what they believe you can bring to the table. They still think white people can bring wealth and social connections to their family and black people would just be a financial and social burden... it's a very old Colonial way of thinking that lingers here in the Caribbean, as bad as it sounds it's the harsh reality... soon they will realise that there are some poor ass white folk and affluent black people in the island and juding a book by it's cover wouldn't cut it... all in due time

• Members

I'm sunbeam white from east coast suburbia, my wife is from Mexico City. The only "culture clash" we've had is that she misses city life while living up here. There ain't {censored} to do here in the burbs.

• Members

I know a few indians and middle easterners. I'll send them over to you in return for those Canadians you got.

The Canadians live in Canada :)

Its great for Holidays, even more so when my uncle had a houses in Miami, Boca Raton and the Florida Keys.. back before him and his Ex wife blew the lot :(

• Members

ohhh...she's from Trinidad you say....run...while you still can...go.... don't pass go...don't collect $200... just.....run.....
:cop::lol:
...... I keeed....

yeahhhhhh.... but... what you described there is not uncommon within the Indian community here in Trinidad... but it is still pretty old school... it's sad to say but they see going out or marrying a white guy as a "step up" in society where as they look down on the black community in the end it's all about what they believe you can bring to the table. They still think white people can bring wealth and social connections to their family and black people would just be a financial and social burden... it's a very old Colonial way of thinking that lingers here in the Caribbean, as bad as it sounds it's the harsh reality... soon they will realise that there are some poor ass white folk and affluent black people in the island and juding a book by it's cover wouldn't cut it... all in due time

Yeah, especially considering her father is nearly, if not already around the 70 year old mark. Her mom is about 48 and loves the black boyfriend. We all hang out without the dad.

I've heard lots of stories about why the indians don't like the blacks there. It's one of those things he's gonna live with for the rest of his life. Especially at that age. There is no changing his mind now.

Jokes on him too, my gf makes way more money than I do. ha!

• Members

It's {censored}ing 2012. What is there to even discuss? They're people.

We've been discussing for 3 pages now in a civil manner. I guess there is something to discuss. Not everything has to be an argument.

• Members

I'm white as can be and married to a girl that's just as white.

But I've dated black girls, Indian girls, Jewish girls and a couple Japanese girls. My family has no culture or religious ties so stepping in to other cultures was pretty cool. In the end though, I'm attracted to pale girls with dyed red hair. My wife has the same lack of culture/religion so we are a good match.

Archived