What in your life makes it worth living?

Hardvalve

• Members

My kids and my girl. Everything else fails me pretty much non-stop. My life is completely in the {censored}ter and every day is a struggle to keep finding reasons to continue to consume air right now. If it weren't for them, I definitely would've had a bullet sandwich with a noose for dessert already.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bro, some of us could probably use a bit more getting away from whatever our current daily routines have probably been for a long time. I'm going to get a cheap/decent road bicycle soon and spend a lot of time away from my desktop.

I did this in 2010. I rode 2500 miles invthe first 2 summers and I already have 400 miles in this season. I would rather be riding some days then playing guitar which is hard for me even to believe.

• Members
Gat damn I love cycling. Did a little over an hour tonight, was glorious. Walked 2 hours earlier in the day, so all in all a pretty good day for ol' izzy.

Just getting ready to go for a ride now, already did today's walkies (10k). :thu:

• Members

There's nothing. No education, no family life to open my arms to. You'd say that my job is today, yet gone tomorrow. I'll be broke in a gutter.

I wish you the best and for some good things to come your way and majorly renew your hope and outlook on things.

• Members

Very cool to hear!
:cool:
I used to love riding but hadn't done it for a couple years. Time to get on it!

I zip around all day on my road bike. But this spring/summer, I am re-committing to longer rides. It's pretty much the only way I'm going to be able to burn off the back-fat that crept in this past winter.

It's giving me a {censored}ing complex.

• Members

I wish you the best and for some good things to come your way and majorly renew your hope and outlook on things.

"Tampora" = was referring to that douche Riki Rachtman, the host from the old Headbangers Ball on MTV, when he called Pantera, Tampora one time.. Not sure if he was joking or this was back when Pantera was just busting in the scene and he got the name wrong.. Used to be a decent show at times

Anyway, Nelo's post was Pantera lyrics

• Members

"Tampora" = was referring to that douche Riki Rachtman, the host from the old Headbangers Ball on MTV, when he called Pantera, Tampora one time.. Not sure if he was joking or this was back when Pantera was just busting in the scene and he got the name wrong.. Used to be a decent show at times

Doh! Thanks for the info. :D

• Members

rikki is on one of the home videos on the patera bus talking about that tampora band. they were good friends.

• Members

I know the opinion. A broken record. {censored} you and your college dream. Fact is, we're stronger than all.

You're working for perfect bodies, perfect minds and perfect neighbors. But I'm helping to legalize dope on your pristine streets and I'm making a fortune.

You're muscle and gall. Naive at best. I'm bone, brain and cock. Deep down stronger than all.

• Members

Straight up dude, I don't normally call folks out for posting things, but not long ago you posted the thread "Is suicide the ultimate act of selfishness?" As I posted in that thread, you're obviously a college freshman or sophomore taking Philosophy 101 and expect a {censored}ing amp thread to do your papers for you....I honestly don't really care, but seriously man if you don't want to be bothered writing your own papers just do a google search and change the words around a bit, it'll be a hell of a lot easier not to mention a million times quicker.

• Members

There's a couple guys in here who need to strongly consider getting help :freak:

Anyway, pretty much any day I wake up breathing and my family, friends, and loved ones do the same is good enough reason to do it all over the next day. Aside from that, everything else is trivial. Music is up there on the list, but the health and well being of my loved ones are the important parts.

• Members

Straight up dude, I don't normally call folks out for posting things, but not long ago you posted the thread "Is suicide the ultimate act of selfishness?" As I posted in that thread, you're obviously a college freshman or sophomore taking Philosophy 101 and expect a {censored}ing amp thread to do your papers for you....I honestly don't really care, but seriously man if you don't want to be bothered writing your own papers just do a google search and change the words around a bit, it'll be a hell of a lot easier not to mention a million times quicker.

problem?

• Members

I've been trying to answer this question all morning since reading it an:idea:d I can't do it.

Depressing.

iPhone brevity: I say without judgement, that it has been my observation over the years, that those who cannot find joy or meaning in life frequently have only themselves at the center of their universe.

Now I'm not suggesting you run out and get married, neither am I suggesting you do some kind of mission yada ad infinitum. What I am suggesting is small things done for others, be it mentoring at work, or simply responding where you see a need, like once a month serve at a soup kitchen or simply doing a random act of kindness with no expectation of reciprocity.

Subtitle: sometimes the joy within can be found outside ones self.

For me, like I mentioned before, it comes down to triumphs big and small, be it learning how to walk, overcoming my depression or helping others slay their dragons.

Or just ensuring they have something to eat tonight.

Archived