What in your life makes it worth living?

Hardvalve

• Members

As I said before, to me it's all the triumphs, big and small. The underpinning is as Joe keenly noted, goal setting. More importantly when it's self directed, ie you're on the driver's seat, setting the goals, determining the plan of attack and enjoying the satisfaction of achieving the goals, the triumph. Can you say autonomy?

What can make it joyless is when others, or a life out of control determines the goals or hurdles for you. There is only one way to own your life and your successes and triumphs, you truly have to take charge, and demand nothing less. If you don't life just happens, with random probability for happiness and joy.

If your life sucks or is joyless get in the driver's and change it, make it what you want, what you think it should be, but stop whining about it -- spend that energy doing something for yourself.

Ain't worded the best but I'm on my phone and ain't rewriting it. :o

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes it worth living?

If you don't see the worth in life today, then you are blinded by what society dictates as "worth living for". Dozens of millions of lives were given so that people can get so comfortable, that even when spoonfed they still don't see and appreciate the life that was laid for them on a golden carpet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived