your eldest gitfiddle

fretless

• Members

87 fender HM strat.. Sweet necks on these bitches. I routed the neck single coil in there.. Plays and sounds great.. This is the second one I've owned.. Regretted selling the first one, and told myself I'd never sell this one.. The really do just play and sound how I like it..

IMAG0004-1.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

20120516_091123.jpg

68 Reissue CIJ Strat made in 1998.

Had this since 2000 on my 14th birthday. It's not the best playing guitar but for some reason I just love playing it. It's very rewarding when you get it right. Sounds great too now that it has Duncan Alnico Pro II's in the neck and bridge.

• Members

An Ibanez RG520QSTB I bought in 2001. The funny thing is, I've never really used this thing too much. I always wanted a MIJ Ibby growing up, and couldn't afford one back in the day, and played a Kramer, which was nice too. When I *could* afford some nicer guitars, I bought other ones like Fenders, Parkers, and Godins and whatnot. I bought this one, then shortly after, bought my first PRS, so, the Ibby became an "old style guitar that I've always wanted and could now buy", but not something I would pick up instead of my other ones. I've never even replaced the pups. I never sold it, because I didn't spend much on it, and it's not worth a whole lot.

Ibanez_1.jpg

Ibanez_2.jpg

Edit: added story and pics

• Members

An early 70's SG, impossible to accurately date due to Gibsons retarded serial numbering in the early 70's. This is probably 73ish, plus or minus a year or so. Have had it since 81/82-ish.

100_1552.jpg

Me playing it in 1987:

mark87-3.jpg

And playing it again in 2008ish

100_0596.jpg

• Members

I'm not sure how old this is, but I think it's mid to late 90s. It's my Yamaha RGX-TT (Ty Tabor sig). Since I don't have any other pics of it, here it is being played by HCAF's own peavey_impact when I let him borrow it for one of their shows.

l_547884d674e64a70bd430ce81ea0dc5e.jpg

Archived