2 channel amp that has two usable channels?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

I have 2 ultras- and one original footswitch and one aftermarket.
There is a gap when switching with the aftermarket but not with the original peavey switch.
It is the same with both amps.
strange ehhhh

• Members
How about something that isn't made for metal?
:o

All the companies I listed get awesome nonmetal tones...My mak4 has a crunch channel that is basically a perfected JTM45, peavey offers WAY more things than just metal amps. Fryettes get amazing nonmetal tones. Titan does metal incredibly well, but it also does a lot of other stuff incredibly well too. Just cuz its GEARED toward the metal crowd doesnt mean it cant accel in other areas.

• Members

i hate pigeon holing amps into music genres. with good amps you should be able to play many different types of music on the same amp. thats why i like the mak4 so much, it has 2 of the highest gain channels you would ever need but i dont even play metal - the clean and crunch channels are perfect for so many other styles.

of the other amps i have owned a mesa nomad has 2 good channels and is great for many styles of rock. the fender has awesome cleans but needs pedals for OD/dirt. the cleans on the engl e530 preamp were decent and it had a pretty good dirt sound but it wasnt very ranging - it did one sound real well.

Archived